Bandwidth

GamesCreation

Shared hosts: What do you do if someone is going over the bandwidth limit?

Cut their account until the next month
Email them and inform them
Charge them any extra
?

I will Email them and inform them that they can paid extra or waiting until next month.

Possibly suspend their account as soon as you notice.. if noticed before the payment was due and inform them. Suspend is to just keep them from using more bandwidth.. although with the panels, I am not sure, but I thought it would give an error when you tried to view the website saying it went over the bandwidth..

You can set it through the admin panel if you want accounts to be suspended automatically if they go over their bandwidth.

Normally, I would just email them and let them know, if they are going WAY over the bandwidth I would tell them that they would have to either lower bandwidth useage in the next 24hours, upgrade their plan or suspend the account for the rest of the month.
I use suspension as a last resort and its normally not needed

Hi Games,

Hsphere sends customers notifications when they are approaching their resource limits. We have the notifications set at 70%. Therefore, if you were to hit the 70% mark before 70% of the term (ie month) was completed, you would get a notification.

We never suspend the account (unless asked to do so or with delinquent accounts). But with the notification you get the option of upgrading your account. You also get told how much overusage will cost.

We will simply Send an e-mail to the owner of the account telling them they have reached their limit. and ask him the pay the overage fees/ or upgrade their plan.

If they refuse to payt he fees we suspend their account untell the next month.

Usally if they only go over by a little bit we just let it slide. there is no point in making a big case over a little bit of bandwidth.

I use a script built into WHM Auto pilot which emails users when they hit their 80% bandwidth mark. It gives them the option to ignore it/upgrade.

I would never suspend a client for overgoing on bandwidth unless they are being un-professional about it and using 10+GB thinking im gonna give it to them for free.

I would make sure you clear these types of issues up within your TOS/AUP agreements.

Well, not many people go over their bandwidth limit, but if they do, I just kindly alert them that that have, if it's more than 1 gig then I start changing. Susspending sites are the last resort, I don't much like doing it in the first place.