Apple looks to be readying to launch their own search engine to compete with Google

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Just came across a very interesting article by Jon Henshaw, the founder of Coywolf.

In it, he shares a number of interesting observations that all point to that Apple may soon be getting into the search engine business, to compete with Google. While the latter pays Apple billions of dollars every year to retain their search partner position, Apple isn't in dire need of that money, especially if they see they can make a dent of their own and offer a more relevant solution that works for consumers and their own corporate interests.

One particular such observation that I'll mention here was that Jon noticed Apple's search engine crawler "Applebot" started to pay daily visits to his sites. He also gives a screenshot of what that looks like in his search logs.

While I'll let you read the article in a second, I wanted to ask how many of you were even aware of these moves, besides SEO pros? Have you ever noticed Applebot in your search logs? What kind of search engine do you think Apple can build? It certainly has the cash to give Google a good run for its money, but I assume Google dominance and partnerships provide an almost impossible barrier for anyone to come in.

And, if SEO experts decide to chip in, is there anything that online businesses today should know or do in order to be better prepared for when, and if, Apple launches their search engine?

And here is the link to the full article:
https://www.coywolf.news/seo/apple-search-engine/

Isn't this way too early? And can Apple design something better than Google? What will be the adoption percentage (like Google Mail or Android which is a huge client base)?

Also, yes for B2B it'll make a difference since most of their target market are Apple users.

Yes Google shooting themselves with all their restrictions and removals over recent years in Google Chrome and their search engine that companies are getting sick and it seems Apple are going to play on this as their iphones and ipads are no 1 sellers