Any tips on how to offer managed WordPress hosting like Hostinger or Kinsta hosting?

Minhaz

Hey there!

I am curious how one could offer managed WordPress hosting like Hostinger or Kinsta hosting. I know I can install WHM/cPanel on a dedicated server for shared hosting, but how do I do it for WordPress hosting? Any tips on the platform I could use would be helpful. I know WHMCS has a WordPress hosting option but then again, would that be the best way forward?

Furthermore, do you know of any managed WordPress hosting resellers, like how we have reseller options for shared hosting?

In cPanel/WHM you can define that when a site is configured then it auto-installs particular software. This may require some shell scripting, but it can be done.

But running cPanel and installing WordPress is only half the battle, and it's not going to be at the same level as someone running Managed WordPress Hosting. Usually, they're customized machines with extra testing and specs dealing with MySQL calls etc.

On top of it all is the actual Managed portion itself - what is your definition of "managed" and how will you relay that to the potential customer. Again, you can have a script run that auto-updates plugins and themes etc, and you can lock off the core of WordPress and manage that separately (truly managed WordPress runs on a somewhat customized WordPress core).

We offer a version of "Managed WordPress" in that we monitor every plugin installed on our clients sites. We then test before updating, generate backups for updates, run the updates, test various aspects and generate another update. We also do this with a group of plugins - not all plugins get updated at the same time. Sometimes plugins really don't need an update if it was just a cosmetic change or text change.

There's a lot more to review and understand about what constitutes as "Managed" and then what your definition is going to be for users. Then you get into SLAs, responses, and does managed include installing plugins, testing plugins, customizing code, helping setup themes, troubleshooting mail issues - there's a lot to it.

The more you offer, the higher the price is that you charge - provided of course you know what you're doing and can actually offer the level of service you promise.