Another Price Hike by cPanel

zalvis

Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a valued cPanel customer.

We want to inform you of an upcoming price adjustment that will take effect for all cPanel accounts and services starting  January 1, 2025. New pricing will also apply to any orders placed after December 16, 2024.

Below is the updated pricing table for 2025:

cPanel Solo Cloud - from $17.49 to 26.99
cPanel Admin Cloud - from $29.99 to 32.99
cPanel Pro Cloud - from $42.99 to 46.99
cPanel Premier Cloud/Metal - from $60.99 to 65.99
cPanel Premier Cloud/Metal Bulk - from $0.40/account to 0.45

Please see our 2025 Store Licensing Guide for detailed information on these changes. This includes updated information on the Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS) Program  pricing for cPanel v110 servers running on CentOS 7 or CloudLinux 7 starting January 1, 2025. The pricing adjustment of cPanel Solo Cloud reflects the close value parity between cPanel Solo and cPanel Admin with the only distinction being the number of accounts.

If you have any questions or need further clarification, feel free to consult our FAQs or email us at cs@cpanel.net.

We appreciate your continued trust in cPanel and look forward to supporting your business in 2025.

Your cPanel Team

A increase of over 50% on the Solo Cloud licensing seems extreme, I wonder why there is such a larger increase in terms of percentage on that one.

At CloudFest (USA) this year, it was very obvious to the team that customers are extremely frustrated with price hikes. One employee constantly mentioned "If there's anything I can do for you, let me know. Don't mention price hikes!"

There are so many ways to look at pricing. A lot of software is more expensive than the hosting community is use to paying, but this industry has some companies that run tight ships and thin margins! Makes it difficult for those to stay in business for sure.

We are a cPanel NOC Partner and WHMCS Reseller. Pricing was also sent out for WHMCS pricing to go up.

Good luck to all! Quite an annual adventure for sure.

Do you have any candidates in mind so far?
Yes, we switched to DirectAdmin from Cpanel.

To be honest their panel is nearly the same and support and addons for it have grown to meet our business needs. With support for Wordpress/Softaculous and their amazing support we are more than happy.

Now will they also increase price? That is always a risk. As we now have seen WHMCS go up over 30% in Dec 2023, with another 20% hike coming in January 2025. A 58% increase in only 13 months. I believe companies feel they have penetrated as much of the market as they can at this point and are trying to exploit the fact that it is difficult and time consuming to move to another panel or billing system to leverage astronomical price hikes.

I suggest opening a ticket with cPanel and WHMCS customer service to express the displeasure in the price hikes. The only way companies will stop the gouging is if they have enough push back from the community.

We use DirectAdmin internally and I can say, it's not quite as turn-key as cPanel. While I know behind the scenes, that doesn't mean that DirectAdmin does things the way I do behind the scenes. Every year I hear the same thing as @Greenhost.cloud said, "It's time to think about alternatives." That being said, there's no real good alternative. I think it really depends on what you're using the panel for.

Back