About Me - Aleksander Helgaker

gooooogle

Hi. I'm Aleksander.

My hobby is computer programming but I also do quite a bit of writing. I currently have one web site going at www.vision-park.net. I enjoy chatting with other people on forums and generally having a good time.

I am currently spending a lot of time studying the artificial language Esperanto.

I have been a member of hosting-talk.net since the second day of its launch several months ago.

I like the new look to your website!
Well done if you done the design on that.

Can you tell me a bit more about Esperanto?

Yeah, you are one of the long time members ;)
Pitty we lost the whole database...
oh well, guess I cant keep thinking about that, just have to get on with it and try get the site going again!

Glad that you are still with us anyway :)
John

Esperanto is an International artificial language. It was created by a Polish eye doctor. Dr. L. L. Zammenhof. He hoped that his language Esperanto would be able to brake the language barrier between different countries. It is the easiest language to learn and therefore fitted well for world communications. But many esperantists disappeared during WWII. This was due to the fact that Zammenhof was a jeu so obviously Hitler hated it and killed everyone who spoke it. Then in Soviet, Stalin (who was rather paranoid at the time) called it the language of the spies because they could communicate with people all over the world. So he sent them all to siberia.

The last country who still had it down as Illegal was Iraq but that was during the Saddam regime which (hopefully) is now over. So it is now legal there as well now.

In the past several countries did not encourage the use of Esperanto but now there is no such country any more and it is now a free language.

Thanks for that, I didnt even know about that!

How long have you been learning the language?
Do you know any sites about it so I can see what it looks like?
Thanks,
John

I've been studying it for about 6 months now and I'm doing a 6 hour course on the 6 and 8 of October. I started learning at lernu.net (Esperanto for learn).

I can think of a few good sites but their either in Norwegian or Esperanto. Lernu is in English as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8