A Case of PayPal Fraud?

(a) You might even want to bring your concerns directly to the client who ordered and ask them what they're doing with the machines.

(b) All the same - several orders from China (or anywhere) within a few days of each other would certainly be flagged as suspicious activity on our end.

(a) That might be going a bit far. As long as they have verifiable proof of who they are and they are making legitimate orders, I can only assume that what they are doing with the goods is legitimate as well. I wouldn't want to offend my customers by assuming otherwise.

(b) You have a good point there. As much as I don't try to localize people in regards to business practices, China is different with their laws and internet protocols. So yes, one does have to be more wary of what they're doing and why. :thumbup:

(a) That might be going a bit far. As long as they have verifiable proof of who they are and they are making legitimate orders, I can only assume that what they are doing with the goods is legitimate as well. I wouldn't want to offend my customers by assuming otherwise.

(b) You have a good point there. As much as I don't try to localize people in regards to business practices, China is different with their laws and internet protocols. So yes, one does have to be more wary of what they're doing and why. :thumbup:

(a) I dont thinks its going too far. If they are ordering a large amount of machines, you should be asking them why, even if they have provided verifiable proof of who they are and they are making legitimate orders. They may be purchasing these to sell to their own clients, which may be against your TOS or you may be able to provide them with a white label reseller account

(b) as you are an online business , yes you can target locally, but does not stop anyone from anywhere in the WWW looking and making orders and yes the Chinese Authorities seem to not care about what happens over the internet from their country.

You do have a point about the TOS. I for one make it a practice however, both legally and personally, not to concern myself with what a customer does with a product once it's legally theirs. Once they pay money for it and the product is in their possession, I have no more liability concerning what THEY do with it. It's none of my business at that point.

I think what this is all coming down to is the different business practices and ethics of the U.S. and China. If I'm going to be overly concerned about how a country handles things from a business perspective, I simply won't deal with them. You seem well learned in this subject so I don't think I need to tell you that different provinces in China have better reputations than others. I first learned this with drop-shipping.

You do have a point about the TOS. I for one make it a practice however, both legally and personally, not to concern myself with what a customer does with a product once it's legally theirs. Once they pay money for it and the product is in their possession, I have no more liability concerning what THEY do with it. It's none of my business at that point.

As a host you do have a responsibilty to your other clients if a client is using the server fore illegal activities.

If you think its non of your concern then you are in the wrong business.

i.e. you have a VPS with 30 clients on and 1 client is a excessive spammer and you have the attitude of well its not my concern what they are doing, how do you think your upstream providers going to react to that attitude, well i can tell you, they will simply terminate your VPS and then you will have 29 angry clients wondering where theirs sites have gone.