Good Deal for Hosting?

GZhou06

Hey, I was curious. A good friend of mine approached me with this hosting company and highly recommended it. He told me that he is currently with them and they have been providing excellent service. I would like to find out if this is would be a good hosting company I should use. Their website is

www.*******.com

Please take a look and give me your feedback. Thanks.

600MB with 40GB of transfer for $10????

That is giving away the farm a little too much. Cost for bandwidth is alot more than that (usually $1.50 - $2.50GB) if using true multi-home network. If they are all Cogent (did not research to hard) then it is possible.

Another problem is that doing searches on multiple boards came back with 0 results. This means that they are either really new, or they stay away from these types of boards and thier customers do also.

The first problem is what scares me, the no feedback does not point me either direction.

Domain Name: IONHOSTING.COM
Created on: 01-Jun-02
Expires on: 01-Jun-04
Last Updated on: 25-Jul-02

Their pricing looks like they are starving for business and are willing to give it away. You know what they say, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Anyone who has been in the business for awhile knows their pricing is unrealistic and not substainable.

Long as you don't run a business site and don't mind if the support and/or Uptime is bad or non-existent, then go ahead. I realize this is pretty harsh, but if someone offered me a new car for $1,000 bucks, I'd have to wonder what the catch is.

Hmmm....

Maybe im paranoid, but i always get suspicious when a newbie posts messages like this.

I hope its not just self whoring!

Usually, that's exactly what these type posts are -- someone with <3 posts asking about a site they "heard" about. :judge:

It usually backfires on them as it did in this case. We'll probably never see another post from them (in fact, I wonder what their other two posts were about???).

Just checked it out!

His last post was the exact same only it was posted in "web hosting requests"

I think we have this one by the short and curleys! :p

Ooops

ah some how managed to post a new thread instead of a reply.

Anyawy... The new thread i just posted was supposed to go ere.

So why did this guy post the original post and what are you lot saying, sorry takes quite a bit for me to get something to click :(

and what type of posts ----- 'Usually, that's exactly what these type posts are -- someone with <3 posts asking about a site they "heard" about. :judge:'

:confused:

Some people have the idea that they can use Forums as a cheap way of Advertising. Some Forums allow people to post their own site information within any thread and at most Forums, within specific areas. So to get around restrictions and post in as many Forums / threads as possible, they sign up and make a post, in the form of a question with their site being mentioned of course. Or they'll have others signup at a Forum to make specific posts about the good service/hosting they've gotten at so-and-so.

It is a dead giveaway when the Post count is very small and the post(s) are in praise of some Hosting company. Or, as mentioned, in the form of a question -- because said company looks sooo good.

This is all just another form of Spam and just like we don't appreciate it in our eMail, most of us don't appreciate having to wade through it within Forums. If they want to advertise, then pay for it like the rest of us do.