You have to laugh at some clients.

easyhostmedia

why cant some clients not follow instruction
i get this live chat offline message on 8th Dec.

Hi
I bought domain here that costs GBP 6.48
then when I will going to buy a hosting I cannot log in anymore with my account even if I request for new password what can you do about it?
I need an urgent answer.
I receive email from Terry Robertson
I need to buy hosting asap.

Thank You

Submitted From :
https://niceday-hosting.co.uk/clients/index.php

i worked out he ordered the domain from our domain site easyhostdomains and then set up an account on our hosting site niceday hosting, but did not complete the email verification process, so i manually set this for him, but then i get

Hi Good Day.
Would you mind if I will request to tranfer my domain position-one-seo.uk
to nice day hosting ?
I bought this in this site but I think it is redirected to THe Easyhost media group, I get confuse of it.
Please see link for reference.
Thank you.
http://screencast.com/t/sLMA2cdAcDP

so i replied with

No need to transfer domain as it is already within our system, you just need to order hosting and then chose the domain option ‘I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers’ as shown in the attached screenshot.
Once hosting is ordered i can then add the domain into your account profile on niceday-hosting.

Let me explain our business structure.

Our official business name ( bank accounts, HMRC registration etc.) is The Easyhost Media Group. (http://easyhostmediagroup.co.uk)

The following are all brands of The Easyhost Media Group

[Mod note: The list of all companies omitted.]

only for him to send this reply

Hi

I still dont have any data here.
http://screencast.com/t/GaKHcXuC

and then he sent this

Hi

I dont understand why I need to wait for almost a week to use my domain and hosting. If I cannot use this as soon as possible can you just please refund my payment ?

I just need this asap.

Thank you

all he has done so far is open an account at niceday hosting and then ordered a domain at easyhostdomains. he has never placed any order for hosting even though i have explained what he needs to do and even sent him instructions.

he seems to have no idea how hosting and domains work, which i find strange as the domain he ordering is regarding SEO services

I can certainly see the pain from the customer side, but then after the explanation, they should have been good to go. That said, we all know that clients and technology often times don't mix and that's why the white glove service will always prevail.

The last line in your post is the scary part of it all. He's in the SEO industry, a field that is rife with people who intentionally rip others off. The fact that he doesn't know how domains and hosting work can only yield to problems down the road for the client.

I guess the only thing you can do from your end at this point is provide pictures on how things work. We used Jing.com a few times for short explainer videos and it might be an option. Sucks to have to go to that level, but in the retention of this particular client, it might be the only option.

Hopefully they don't do the option to refund payment as the domain is already registered. They'd need to pick a new domain if they don't want to pay for it.

I can certainly see the pain from the customer side, but then after the explanation, they should have been good to go. That said, we all know that clients and technology often times don't mix and that's why the white glove service will always prevail.

The last line in your post is the scary part of it all. He's in the SEO industry, a field that is rife with people who intentionally rip others off. The fact that he doesn't know how domains and hosting work can only yield to problems down the road for the client.

I guess the only thing you can do from your end at this point is provide pictures on how things work. We used Jing.com a few times for short explainer videos and it might be an option. Sucks to have to go to that level, but in the retention of this particular client, it might be the only option.

Hopefully they don't do the option to refund payment as the domain is already registered. They'd need to pick a new domain if they don't want to pay for it.
Domains are non refundable and the client has access to the domain through a control panel in our domain business, so has what they paid for.

the way he is going on it seems he thinks the domain must be with the same company he hosts with.

but if he has no concept how hosting and domains work, then how can he run an SEO service.

what is also strange he has a UK address, but he comes on live chat at 3.30am and leaves offline messages as i am asleep at that time in the morning.

You have to love these types of clients. They just need a little extra (maybe a lot) hand holding. Conor is right about the SEO service they're maybe going to offer. That's really scary.

Ah yes we all get a few of these every month. Unfortunately that's the industry we are in :)

I hope you managed to keep the customer in the end Terry but yes As Steve just said sometimes it's best to cut your losses with these type of clients as they take away your time from your other clients who are reasonable and appretiate your time.

i will see what he has to say when he leaves another message at 3.30am.

as no way will he get a refund for the domain as it is registered in his name and it will be no use to me

While it is a scary thought this could be someone selling SEO services to unsuspecting clients, we don't know the full story, he might as well just be helping someone else. Discussing his intent has little purpose. At the end of the date, he is a client, one that just requires a lot more help.

So what is the status of this client today? Did he figure this out? Did you help him?

While it is a scary thought this could be someone selling SEO services to unsuspecting clients, we don't know the full story, he might as well just be helping someone else. Discussing his intent has little purpose. At the end of the date, he is a client, one that just requires a lot more help.

So what is the status of this client today? Did he figure this out? Did you help him?

since i messaged him about domain renewals and step by step instructions on how to order hosting the client has not replied.
i even placed his domain in a holding account on a server to show that a domain does not have to be with the host you take hosting with. i even offered him a free month hosting, but still no reply

since i messaged him about domain renewals and step by step instructions on how to order hosting the client has not replied.
i even placed his domain in a holding account on a server to show that a domain does not have to be with the host you take hosting with. i even offered him a free month hosting, but still no reply

With the free month hosting etc sounds like you have gone out of your way to accommodate the client. Kudos for that.

Do keep us in the loop, I am actually interested in hearing what happens of this client :). You should know if he ends up somewhere else when the client goes to update the nameservers (if he/she ever gets to that stage :p).

UPDATE: so far this client has not made any more contact with me since i told them domains are non refundable, and he has not even accessed his domain account to change the nameservers of the domain.

So a month later and nothing from this client - incredible.

yup, by his lack of communication i assume he has no idea how hosting etc. runs.

His lose as he paid £6.48 for a domain he is not using

i was thinking of locking the domain , so if he decides to move it at the 60 days he would need to contact me, but it seems you cant lock a .uk domain with resellerclub

Last edited:
Today the Internet is available to everyone, so many people want to become something more than the average user, but not all of them has enough knowledge. And there are such funny situations.
I would recommend for such users all-in-one solutions like wordpress.com

Today the Internet is available to everyone, so many people want to become something more than the average user, but not all of them has enough knowledge.

you see that everyday on ebay. as we refer them 'kiddie hosts' where someone will purchase a $2 a year unlimited everything reseller hosting plan and then call themselves a webhost when they have no idea what they are doing.

in my case and the way the clients communicated they assumed that once they purchase a domain then they would automatically have a hosted account, even giving him step by step instructions on what he needed to do he did not seem to understand.
pity help if he had figured it out and offered SEO services if he himself could not figure out how to set up a web account

The issue is as always the 1% of customers that take up 99% of the support team time. How come most people do not have any issues, but there are some that are worst of the worst, taking time and in the end just demanding their money like your work was for free.
But this is the business. I really hope in the future a more educated generation will come who skips asking these type of questions.

I never laugh on client in any situation coz we need to be a professional and not a unprofessional.

Your privacy policy allow you to share client chat and information in public?

I never laugh on client in any situation coz we need to be a professional and not a unprofessional.

Your privacy policy allow you to share client chat and information in public?

I have not disclosed any client details. i acted professional towards the client, would you trust the SEO of your website to a company that does not know how domains and web hosting match up.

Dealing with clients does require a sense of humor otherwise you will find yourself working in misery. Many clients don't know much about domains, hosting and webdesign but they want a website and have the money. So my thoughts are, you have to take the good with the bad. Nevertheless, I do have to agree that "holding their hand" can be frustrating especially when it seems that the technical questions and support emails will just never ever end.

When I do encounter customers and clients such as described in the opening thread, usually I try to laugh it off or if that doesn't work....... then I just go home and have that extra glass of Scotch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys