XAmmp vs Laragon opinions?

PeterShene

Hi All hope everybody is good. We were recently having some issues with xammp being a bit laggy and slow. There is a ton of documentation online on how to try and fix this. None of it really worked for us. We did see improvements but not enough.

Anyway, I think this speed issue is related to somewhat outdated computers, to be honest. So we looked for alternatives and found Laragon. We set it up and had a bit of an issue with getting the database across intact, it's quite big so we had to break it into parts.

We've yet to develop anything on Laragn but I ran a few tests with what we had migrated and man the speed is so refreshing. I noticed its much lighter than xammp ( on the disk, Ram and Cpu ) I have read this is at the cost of some functionality. SO we are currently keeping both. If you Google Xammp vs Laragon you get two results with VERY different opinions on which you should use.

I just wanted to know if there anybody that has experience on laragon or like us migrated and how that turned out for them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode