Would you be interested? New Email, Chat and File sharing Application for Hosting Pro

CrossBox

Hello guys,

we've been developing an application that you install on your cPanel server(s) and after that, you get a centralized place (example.your-hosting.com) where your hosting customers originating from these servers can login and use it to email, chat, make audio/video calls, conferences, upload and share files, in a modern way. Of course, all the data is hosted on their hosting account and within their account's limits.

Application can be fully white labeled and during the installation you can choose your own application name, icon (logo) and theme color, so it matches your brand.

After the installation, customers that have this application enabled in their hosting package feature list (WHM feature list) will see the application's shortcut in cPanel and also as an option when using Webmail.

Application is 100% custom made using latest technologies and following Google's Material Design standards. It features a web version (Chrome, Firefox, IE Edge), Android and iOS versions that can also be white labeled and published to Google Play and Apple Store.

It requires no changes to your cPanel server(s), meaning that you can continue using your existing mail server setup and everything else, like you are used to. It is a true plug and play solution. CentOS and CloudLinux are fully supported.

Here you can see the Email module of the application (blue color scheme, English language)

https://i.imgur.com/cli9KvT.png

Chat module looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/VRSalR2.png

Files module:

https://i.imgur.com/DnN8GR6.png

Settings:

https://i.imgur.com/bM2uvqd.png

The application is currently running in a production mode for a few local hosting providers, in it's closed beta stage. If you want to participate, please contact me via PM.

Here are some of the features that Hosting Customers loved so far:

• All activity is in real time (no refresh button)
  • Push notifications support for every platform (device)
  • Multi-tasking (multiple actions, windows with minimized option task bar)
  • Simultaneous use of multiple accounts
  • Reminders
  • File preview and sharing options
  • Make calls and share access to files with people that don't have an account
  • Cross-platform: Web, Android and iOS (desktop application is coming soon for Windows, Linux and Mac-OS)
  • Attach uploaded files or the ones on your device to email
  • Share files through chat
  • Custom email filters and folders
  • Import emails from some other IMAP server
  • Import/export contacts
  • Email read notification requests
  • Email autoresponder, custom email templates and signatures
  • 2FA support (Google Authenticator)

Features that Hosting Providers loved so far:

• A single URL, centralized environment shared by all customers
  • Enable/disable service to individual customers (sell as a standalone service)
  • Easy plug and play installation
  • Full support and synchronization with cPanel
  • Low memory, CPU and IO footprint on the server
  • Self hosted (data never leaves your servers)
  • Supports all IMAP, SMTP servers
  • Can be installed in a master-slave fashion scale it with unlimited number of slave servers, where each server does processing related to that server and accounts hosted there (infinite horizontal scaling)
  • Admin area: management of servers and accounts
  • Automatic self update (bug fixes and new features)
  • White label opportunity (pick own name, logos, icons and color schemes)
  • White labeled version of the app can be uploaded to Google Play and Apple Store
  • Real time customer tracking with Google Analytics
  • User data is stored within their hosting accounts and within their plan limits
  • Users' stored and transferred data gets counted into disk and bandwidth usage quotas
  • Does not restrict users from using other software like Roundcube, Thunderbird, etc.

We didn't think too much about the pricing, but we know for sure that there will only be "unlimited accounts, per server, fixed, license fee". To help us decide, please participate in the What would you pay for it? poll.

Also, if you don't use cPanel, what other control panel would you like to see supported? What features you like the most and what you didn't like so much? Please share your opinion with us!

I can post some more screenshots and I'll be glad to answer any other questions you might have!

Best regards and thank you

That is a very interesting use case for a software product. I am definitely going to keep an eye on how it works out and what it turns out to be.

I hope you get some of the volunteer participants you are looking for.

Hey guys!

Just to keep you guys updated! A lot of hard work was made since the last couple of months and we now have:

- A Desktop App (Windows7+ and MacOS)

CrossBox Desktop application brings in new and cool features that are not possible in the WEB version. For example, you can shut down the application and leave the background worker active in the "system tray". The background worker uses only 50MB of RAM and keeps you notified of everything that is happening by showing you desktop notifications in real time. Also, Desktop version allows you to right-click any file/folder on your PC/Mac so you can easily attach it to your email message, upload it to your Files or send it via chat message.

- We added full Plesk support

Plesk control panel is now fully supported, just like cPanel. This will enable Plesk hosting providers to offer CrossBox to their Plesk hosting customers. Currently, cPanel and Plesk are fully supported.

- We developed a Stand-alone/Bare Metal version

If you don't run cPanel or Plesk, but some other control panel which is not officially supported, or you have a server with no control panel running, we have some great news! You can now install CrossBox on any server, no matter what software is already running on it! And the best thing is that CrossBox will not touch your server or alter any of your system's dependencies in any way. This gives CrossBox a true plug-and-play nature. Simply install CrossBox on the server and you'll have a fully functional email/files/chat server in a couple of minutes.

- We added Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus features

If you choose to install a stand-alone version, you'll now have the ability to enable anti-spam and anti-virus scanning of your incoming/outgoing emails and files. Anti-spam features intelligent anti-spam learning and filtering. For example, if you move email to Junk, the spam filter will learn and will automatically move similar messages to the SPAM folder in the future. Also, anti-virus feature will automatically scan email attachments (both incoming and outgoing) and files that get uploaded. Files that are found to be infected are moved to the quarantine and cannot be accessed. This helps in keeping the server clean from viruses, malware, and other malicious files.

- DKIM/SPF/DMARC checks

CrossBox will from now on check the DKIM/SPF/DMARC records of the email message and will show a green/red lock icon depending on the validity of these records. This helps users to see what email messages are correctly signed and which ones failed the tests.

- FREE version

We are planning on making a free CrossBox version available! It has all the features enabled but is limited to one server, single domain, and 5 CrossBox accounts!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now we are polishing everything up and we hope to get out of closed beta pretty soon!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! I'll try to answer them as soon as possible :)

Bye!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam