WHMCS Support

zerohosting

Has anyone use SupportPal for support instead of WHMCS?

I want to know if it is any good.

in the mean time i have been trying to connect WHMCS to Freshdesk is anyone able to assist me with this?

Thanks in advance

I don't think Freshdesk is supported by WHMCS. You will need a 3rd party module for this project.

SupportPal is released by LicensePal . This used to be called ArcticDesk, and just had so many issues it's not even funny. Not sure that they got those resolved, or whether they just rebranded, haven't actually looked at the system in a while, but it was pretty well known that they had issues with ArcticDesk

Modules Garden has a freshdesk module out, but it is modulesgarden, meaning it is likely going to take forever to get any bugs or updates worked on. They're notoriously slow and lazy

Dosent sound to promising i may leave it due to rebranding.

I think the best thing is to stick with WHMCS, i seen the module on modulesgarden but its a bit expense at the moment.

Thanks

I am definitely agree, from what people are saying/ my experience with other help desks its not worth the trouble

Except it doesn't, for many.

The editor for WHMCS support is just horrible
The system doesn't automatically assign tickets where it should
The custom fields are all left unencrypted in the database (so much for security)
There is no method for 'priority' support
There's no effective method for banning paid individuals from support (yes, it needs to happen rarely)

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, it is decent, but it certainly does not 'do everything you need'.

There's no effective method for banning paid individuals from support (yes, it needs to happen rarely)

What?? If you need to ban someone from support then you may as well terminate the service and close the entire account while your at it.

Most places will ban you for the whole ordeal if you treat their staffs like trash or won't stop spamming their support channels.

What?? If you need to ban someone from support then you may as well terminate the service and close the entire account while your at it.

Most places will ban you for the whole ordeal if you treat their staffs like trash or won't stop spamming their support channels.

I agree. Most hosts will have in their TOS if you abuse their support or services your account will be terminated

WHMCS is the best option which has number of options and very easy to use. Go with it. Instead of searching for the other options WHMCS is good to use.

The legality of doing this isn't that black and white. Yes, in theory it works, but in practicality not so much, and yes, it can be very costly.

However, simply blocking someone from support (WHMCS does do this themselves, but doesn't provide the methodology they use to the public) is not going to cross any legal lines. You're paying for hosting, not support.

We've all dealt with that user that needs a timeout from support. Usually, they get better when they come back :p . WHMCS should provide a method for doing this in their system

The legality of doing this isn't that black and white. Yes, in theory it works, but in practicality not so much, and yes, it can be very costly.

However, simply blocking someone from support (WHMCS does do this themselves, but doesn't provide the methodology they use to the public) is not going to cross any legal lines. You're paying for hosting, not support.

We've all dealt with that user that needs a timeout from support. Usually, they get better when they come back :p . WHMCS should provide a method for doing this in their system

Assuming your ToS is legal adhering then you should be in the clear. Given that basically the online version of "pen and paper contract".

Because the customer is technically paying for the support services too. While there are a few brands that exclusively offer "zero" support those are one in a few given that in this industry you are expected to offer at least "basic" support services.

Support is part of the plan they purchase, you have the legal right to remove services from anyone, just like any high street store can refuse to serve you without a reason.

we simply have this statement in our TOS

Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services.

which as our TOS were checked and approved by Trading Standards in the UK we know is legal