WHMCS discontinue Mobile Edition

easyhostmedia

It seems WHMCS dont take customer care seriously as if anyone noticed their Mobile Addition addon is no longer available.

The reason is

We have now discontinued the development of the Mobile Edition in order to focus on the native apps such as Android, iPhone and Windows.

but unless you contact them to find out why its not available then you wont know this, so they have not bothered to contact any member that had paid for the Mobile Edition of this.

so now it seems that if you dont have a iPhone, Android or Windows Phone then WHMCS don't want you to keep in touch with your clients while on the move.

this is the reply i got

Thank you for contacting WHMCS!

We have now discontinued the development of the Mobile Edition in order to focus on the native apps such as Android, iPhone and Windows.

As you have purchased the addon back in 2013 we can change this to an app of your choice for free. Please let us know which addon you would like to use on your mobile device. Please be aware at this time the Windows app is still in development and is not available.

If you do not wish to have an alternative addon, please let me know if you would prefer the amount paid for the Mobile App as credit on your account here with us, this will be used automatically on any future generated invoices, or a refund to a PayPal account of your choice. If you choose to have a refund back to a PayPal account please provide the email address for this.

Regards,

Kim
Customer Service

so whats the point of me having one of the other mobile apps when they wont work on my Blackberry

I can understand your view considering you're on BlackBerry (they should have gone to Android all them years ago ;)).

Which device are you on? Depending on that, the responsive v6 theme might just work once released.

I can understand your view considering you're on BlackBerry (they should have gone to Android all them years ago ;)).

Which device are you on? Depending on that, the responsive v6 theme might just work once released.

I have a Z10 which is one if the latest models

reply from WHMCS in a PM

You're penalizing yourself by not using the latest and greatest tools available today. Mobile devices are the future and that future is here, right now.

You don't have to keep up if you chose not to.

how can they say this is not true

..so they are penalising any users that does not have an iPhone, Android or Windows phone.

as if you does not have an iPhone, Android or Windows phone then you can no longer use the addon, so are being Penalised for not having one of these phones

Wow, didn't realize people were still using blackberrys? I do see your point though, they need to either make an update or make a blackberry app.

Wow, didn't realize people were still using blackberrys? I do see your point though, they need to either make an update or make a blackberry app.

Blackberry OS 10 phones are a common thing these days, their new Blackberry Passport is a popular choice, but what about people that don't have smartphones.
If you have a Blackberry or non smartphone and paid for this addon and they they are now saying

You're penalizing yourself by not using the latest and greatest tools available today. Mobile devices are the future and that future is here, right now.

then it is WHMCS that are the ones penalizing people for not having Android, iPhone and Windows phones as i have one of the latest Blackberry smartphones.

Well, you just encountered the very common approach to customers.

"We are a big company, one of the industry leaders, so we don't give a single f1ck on your opinion. If you want to benefit from our services - use the tools we consider appropriate. Don't want to buy iPhone? We don't care..."

as disgusting as it is, it still is their right to adjust their products the way they want. And about your pre-paid subscription - if there is a paragraph in their ToS about refunding the payment for service no longer provided - you can request a refund. Or just forget about this money and move on.

Well, you just encountered the very common approach to customers.

"We are a big company, one of the industry leaders, so we don't give a single f1ck on your opinion. If you want to benefit from our services - use the tools we consider appropriate. Don't want to buy iPhone? We don't care..."

as disgusting as it is, it still is their right to adjust their products the way they want. And about your pre-paid subscription - if there is a paragraph in their ToS about refunding the payment for service no longer provided - you can request a refund. Or just forget about this money and move on.
but the way they say it is my fault for not having the latest phone, well they need to check and find out that my phone is one of the latest.

the fact they have never contacted any user that paid for the Mobile Edition would be of interest to Trading Standards.

Hopefully if enough people put in requests for a BB app, they might consider. But still, unfortunate for them to drop a service and not even alert those who bought it.

Hopefully if enough people put in requests for a BB app, they might consider. But still, unfortunate for them to drop a service and not even alert those who bought it.

Well i did started BB app request https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/blackerry-and-blackberry-playbook-app and as you can see no one is interested.

This is because it seems BB are dying. The ignore current customers when they bring out a new toy, promise customers this and that and never deliver.

And if they think $550 to anyone ditching iPhones for their new Passport is going to help them, they need to think again

Well i did started BB app request https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/blackerry-and-blackberry-playbook-app and as you can see no one is interested.

This is because it seems BB are dying. The ignore current customers when they bring out a new toy, promise customers this and that and never deliver.

And if they think $550 to anyone ditching iPhones for their new Passport is going to help them, they need to think again

If only they went to Android, they did debate this some years ago but in the end they decided to go with their own system and pump a huge sum into the dev eco. Then again, probably would have costed a huge sum to move to Android anyway considering the extras they have already built and would have to do so again for the newer system.

Good luck to them but really, if WHMCS were to consider such an app it will most likely be a long way off with v6, iPhone app and Android app v2 etc

Last edited:
If only they went to Android, they did debate this some years ago but in the end they decided to go with their own system and pump a huge sum into the dev eco. Then again, probably would have costed a huge sum to move to Android anyway considering the extras they have already built and would have to do so again for the newer system.

Good luck to them but really, if WHMCS were to consider such an app it will most likely be a long way off with v6, iPhone app and Android app v2 etc

Blackberry or Rim whatever they call themselves these days are doing themselves no favours by ignoring current customers when they bring out new toys. in the UK all major providers are not even stocking their new passport and the only phones that they do seem to stock is the old curve 9320 which BB will no longer offer support for.

BB wont last much longer

I would rather seen WHMCS focus on plugging up the security holes in the desktop app than spread themselves too thin with putting out new clients for new platforms. They have improved things in the past 6 months, but they have room to go as well.

I would rather seen WHMCS focus on plugging up the security holes in the desktop app than spread themselves too thin with putting out new clients for new platforms. They have improved things in the past 6 months, but they have room to go as well.

Couldn't agree more with this. I do however own an iPhone for business and I have to say the WHMCS mobile app does come into use quite a lot! If they could add a little more functionality to it and make it more stable it would be great. That being said it's still in it's early stages of development I guess so I imagine more and more changes will appear over the next 6 months or so.

I do however own an iPhone for business and I have to say the WHMCS mobile app does come into use quite a lot!

The mobile app is not and was not designed for iphone, they have a specific iphone app.

to brentpresley i assume by desktop app you are referring to the live chat desktop app as this is the only desktop app WHMCS offer. if you have issues with that then contact Stardevelop direct as the live chat is stardevelop live chat, they will correct any issues.

WHMCS has always had their main WHMCS, then a mobile app, then the iphone app and then an android app and now they are developing a windows phone app.
the mobile app was and is ideal for those that dont use iphones/android phones , as far as developing a windows phone app, i can see windows phones never taking off like android or iphones, so they would have been better working on the mobile app rather than developing a windows phone app

so if whmcs is no longer going to offer their mobile version of their site.. would someone else be picking up the pieces?

so if whmcs is no longer going to offer their mobile version of their site.. would someone else be picking up the pieces?

I dont think so as its encrypted and the issues they have had with the iphone and android addons for many years and no one else has come up with any alternatives

WHMCS is working on it. v6 will include a responsive admin area so that should go someway plus they're working on v2 of the Android / iPhone apps (iPhone has already been released).

I have a Z10 which is one if the latest models

Can't you get the full site on that?

Your choice of phone should be a business decision. I really like the android app. Chuck your BB asap -- even if you have to pay for a cheap android to get by until your next upgrade

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys