What should i use?

Nueavehost

I'm currently using WHMCS as i purchased the owned licence in like 2013 or something. But having to constantly purchase for updates and support i feel is wrong when i paid a lot to have it owned... I feel like there would be a better software like Clientexec to use compared to WHMCS but I'm not sure. whats everyone's opinion?

Here's the thing about purchasing software, if you don't need the new features (or support), you don't have to renew.

I purchased WHMCS back in 2005 I guess is when they started (I'm sure I used something before them). Anyway, I believe my price was $49 or something.

The software has come a LONG way since then. It's not fair that they can't make any more money given that I purchased it so long ago.

I don't believe in the one payment system. There's no reason to advance the software when it's a one and done.

I also have an Owned Licence for Kayako - The EVERYTHING version from back in 2004/2005 also. I want to say I spent $50 on that too, unlimited users etc, LIFETIME updates (even today). The last "purchase" price I saw for it was in excess of $1,000, but it looks like they've now gone to a monthly only system.

Photoshop is the same way. I pay $50/month for ALL Adobe software, regular updates, *OR* I can use my Photoshop 2.0 from 10+ years ago - I think the last suite I purchased was near $3k before moving to the monthly model.

I'm currently using WHMCS as i purchased the owned licence in like 2013 or something. But having to constantly purchase for updates and support i feel is wrong when i paid a lot to have it owned... I feel like there would be a better software like Clientexec to use compared to WHMCS but I'm not sure. whats everyone's opinion?

Clientexec - owned costs about $500 directly from them, then there is the $50 per year for support and updates.

WHMCS is more per year, but it also offers a lot more than Clientexec.
Both are really good, though. However, WHMCS offers a lot more in terms of plugins than Clientexec.

The other options are Blesta and HostBill.
Blesta charges $250 for their owned branded version. Updates and support are $39 per year. Alternatively, you can choose their $500 version and never pay for updates and support.
HostBill is the most expensive at $999 for their basic version, $45 for updates and $75 per ticket. You can buy a ticket pack at $999 for 50 tickets. There has been some feedback regarding bug fixes taking a rather long time.

Last edited:
Here's the thing about purchasing software, if you don't need the new features (or support), you don't have to renew.

I purchased WHMCS back in 2005 I guess is when they started (I'm sure I used something before them). Anyway, I believe my price was $49 or something.

The software has come a LONG way since then. It's not fair that they can't make any more money given that I purchased it so long ago.

I don't believe in the one payment system. There's no reason to advance the software when it's a one and done.

I also have an Owned Licence for Kayako - The EVERYTHING version from back in 2004/2005 also. I want to say I spent $50 on that too, unlimited users etc, LIFETIME updates (even today). The last "purchase" price I saw for it was in excess of $1,000, but it looks like they've now gone to a monthly only system.

Photoshop is the same way. I pay $50/month for ALL Adobe software, regular updates, *OR* I can use my Photoshop 2.0 from 10+ years ago - I think the last suite I purchased was near $3k before moving to the monthly model.

Have you tired GIMPshop instead of Photoshop?:agree: I haven't used PS since I learned about GIMP.

https://www.gimpshop.com/

Personally, I would recommend WHMCS as it has tons of features and fast development. However you can always request a trial of both script and try both of them and see which script you like the most!

Personally, I would recommend WHMCS as it has tons of features and fast development. However you can always request a trial of both script and try both of them and see which script you like the most!

WHMCS dont do trials anymore. you only get a 30 day MBG

Have you tired GIMPshop instead of Photoshop?:agree: I haven't used PS since I learned about GIMP.

https://www.gimpshop.com/

I used GIMP many many years ago, back when it was still starting out - but only used it for a testing purpose so I could write an article on it.

For us, we use so much of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Typekit (fonts), After Effects, and even the older Fireworks software - we use SO much of it for only $49, we'd be stupid not to pay :)

There are alternatives out there, and even Canva does a decent job for many, but for us, since I've spent 15 years working in Adobe Products, there's really no alternative in my book.

WHMCS is updated frequently and they are owned by cPanel so you know you're getting a product that is always in active development. I don't think it's a wise move to migrate to another software over a small annual cost for the product you're getting imo.

No they are not. cPanel has a large stake in WHMCS, but Matt still owns controlling shares.

A better way to phrase it would have probably been cPanel is heavily invested in WHMCS. Regardless of the actual stake size, that shows ultimate commitment.

A better way to phrase it would have probably been cPanel is heavily invested in WHMCS. Regardless of the actual stake size, that shows ultimate commitment.

true, but either way they dont own WHMCS, even though Matt seems to spend most of his time in Houston

WHMCS is definitely the better option than say something like Clientexec. And don't get me wrong, Clientexec was great when I had used them before WHMCS. But if you don't need all the plugins and extra features WHMCS offers than maybe the cheaper price tag of Clientexec may be best for you. I'd compare the two and see what you actually need and if Clientexec offers that.

Most companies uses whmcs, and Most top companies uses their custom web layout theme of whmcs billing software.

WHMCS has the most plugins/addons so it seems like the most complete. Blesta is a cheaper option tho, it is $140/license only, and its lifetime, and there doesnt seem to be a yearly update/upgrade/support fee for now.

WHMCS has the most plugins/addons so it seems like the most complete. Blesta is a cheaper option tho, it is $140/license only, and its lifetime, and there doesnt seem to be a yearly update/upgrade/support fee for now.

I think this requires some clarification -

There is a yearly support & updates charge of $39/year for the Owned Branded and Owned Unbranded licenses. Its optional, you only pay if you want to upgrade or get support after the 1st year. Only the Lifetime license comes with lifetime support & updates. The Lifetime license can only be purchased direct, and not through resellers.

Yes I am looking to purchase another but noticed that since November WHMCS do not offer one time pricing now. So how does Blesta compare to WHMCS???