What is this domain worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatore

Neveen.com
Creation Date: 2002-09-19

This is an Egyptian girls first name.
Short, one word, a .com and 12 years old.

It was listed on sedo but am looking for a quick sale, so I just cancelled
the sedo listing since it's been 18 days and no sale using their buy it now price at $849.00.
Sedo recommended the price should be $849.00.

Please advise what you think people would pay for this domain so I can put it in the Marketplace section for a quick sale.

Thank you very much

Wow, big difference from what Sedo recommended. I find it quite hard to believe a short, one word, first name of a person, registered 12 years ago is this cheap using your URL's you sent. Same price for my own name salvatore.com I tested. Common sense would tell me they are worth a lot more. I'll put it back on Sedo and just cut the price in half from their recommendation. Thanks for those links, at least now I know what the average person uses to determine domain price.

Thanks for the update. I agree with you. I would probably trust Sedo a little more than those valuation sites. I put it back on Sedo for $499.00 and bottom line price is $399.00.

Thanks again for your update.

I will start with something I find myself repeating more and more these days - a domain name is as valuable as you can make it. No appraisal site can just look at your domain and calculate its value, even if it uses a 100-factor-formula. If you can market it correctly you can get whatever price you want for it.

One thing I think you are not considering is the thing you believe is its biggest asset - being a short personal name domain. First of all we are talking of a name that is not international, so it will attract only a certain audience (i.e. countries where this name exists). Second of all, when we are talking about personal name domains, you have to consider that most of the cases the person is using the domain for a personal website project and it does not hold any commercial value (person is not making money off of it). Because of that, the financial benefit for the end user is non-existent and they are more inclined in finding alternatives (ex. firstnamelastname.com firstnameinitiallastname.com etc.).

Which brings us to the biggest problem in your scenario - you are looking for a quick sale. Getting a good price of a personal name domain would require much more effort from your side, looking for prospects (maybe important people with that name in your country), giving them a showcase of the benefits they can get...basically backing up your chosen sell price.

Of course this is general advise, don't quote me if you manage to sell the name for $3000 by tomorrow :rolleyes2

The so called domain valuation sites never provide accurate information. Their tool will just check the number of characters and the date of registration which is not enough to evaluate a domain name price. Keywords and backlinks are the important factors too.

Salvatore wanted to resell it,because he might has expirience doing that,my opinion is that it could be purchased at some point since its a very nice domain.

For whom?
For a politician,for an artist,for a journalist,it could even fit a doctor or a dentist,,would be good for a clinic of medical specialities or even a brand of a product who knows good luck salvatore salvatore

Cream Neveen makes ur skin softer for your loving husband!

Last edited:
The value of domains will greatly change in the near future... they will go down!
There are now over 400 .EXT available with more being added, when there were 10, a name like name.com was valuable, now, it would retain value as it is a great name, but you now have .domain, .host etc... So what ever name are sitting on, will have other ext available that may even be better than a .COM!

The value of domains will greatly change in the near future... they will go down!
There are now over 400 .EXT available with more being added, when there were 10, a name like name.com was valuable, now, it would retain value as it is a great name, but you now have .domain, .host etc... So what ever name are sitting on, will have other ext available that may even be better than a .COM!

Don't think so to be honest. The number of extensions/choices would not matter if they are not good enough for the business. It seems super easy to get a .host if you a re hosting provider or .plumbing if you are a plumber, but you would also have to think about how you would build a brand around that name. The mass crowd still have little understanding or even knowledge that such extensions exist. They can easily mislead it something else and in result you would be losing traffic. Same problem was encountered by domainers that try to sell such names. They have to educate the public while paying for an overpriced (as most new extensions are) domain name that may or may not sell.

.COM will never be devalued, unless something really turns the whole market upside down. Those domains have clear value and a much larger target group. Its like having Coca Cola and a lot of cola-like products. Just because you compete in the same niche does not mean you are on the same level. And .COM has worked their ways for many, many years now to get to that level... :rolleyes2

It seems super easy to get a .host if you a re hosting provider or .plumbing if you are a plumber, but you would also have to think about how you would build a brand around that name.

These extensions will be used just as .tv and that is as marketing extensions. You get these extensions and then create a marketing campaign around it, this way you can judge the success or failure of the campaign

These extensions will be used just as .tv and that is as marketing extensions. You get these extensions and then create a marketing campaign around it, this way you can judge the success or failure of the campaign

Sure, no doubt about it. I was merely expressing how that would work for a new brand, seeing as the previous poster suggested that. And honestly, everytime I hear how the new extensions will completely change the game and .COM will soon feel the impact I cannot help but chuckle :rolleyes2

A domain name is worth as much as, or as little as the buyer is willing to pay. Some may think your domain name is worthless, others may think it has value. I wouldn't pay $849, but I could see someone pay that much or more... if you're not in a hurry. If you're in a hurry, then it's unlikely you will get what you want

Neveen.com
Creation Date: 2002-09-19

This is an Egyptian girls first name.
Short, one word, a .com and 12 years old.

It was listed on sedo but am looking for a quick sale, so I just cancelled
the sedo listing since it's been 18 days and no sale using their buy it now price at $849.00.
Sedo recommended the price should be $849.00.

Please advise what you think people would pay for this domain so I can put it in the Marketplace section for a quick sale.

Thank you very much

According to https://www.valuate.com/neveen.com its over $700

usually at most time, the shorter the domain is, the more expensive. But if the domain you selling, needed by someone who need that word, it might go high price also.

Assuming somewhere in a board room in America a bank named Neveen opened up and needed the domain Neveen.com am sure they would pay you over $1000. Now assuming you asked me to but that domain now since Neveen makes no sense to me at all, I definitely would not pay more than $9. So your luck will determine how much you get.

The value of domain names usually come from linking the domain name with the business name or describe a type of business or service. I would say unless you find a company or organization with that name it is going to be difficult to get a premium price.

The value of domain names usually come from linking the domain name with the business name or describe a type of business or service. I would say unless you find a company or organization with that name it is going to be difficult to get a premium price.

And especially because its daily traffic is average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys