What are you support hours during the Christmas break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you continue to offer full 24/7 support during the Christmas period or do you offer reduced support hours with longer wait times?

When I ran hosting, we offer 24x7x365. On the big holidays (Christmas & New Year especially), we ran with a reduced crew - essentially the same staff that we would run a normal weekend.

I've seen some hosts completely close their support and say "we'll be back on Monday" - which I've never understood. The web is 24x7, support needs to be around for when something goes weird. Maybe instead of the 1 hour response time on tickets, it's 2 hours. We ran Live Chat 24x7, even on the holidays. Often had clients pop into chat to wish staff happy holidays etc.

When i ran my hosting business and being a 1 man band i offered the same support as always no matter what the day was. Yes xmas day i may have longer for lunch, but that was natural.

Hello,

While some delays in replies and limited support may be expected during the holidays, our technical and emergency support system will remain active throughout Christmas break.

You can always appoint a support agent during national holidays at extra bucks. That helps!

You can always appoint a support agent during national holidays at extra bucks. That helps!
If you have correct employment contracts inplace then you should have it in employee contracts that some bank holidays will need to be covered.
Most companies i have applied for have bank holidays covered by their weekend staff, so they employ specific staff to work weekends and part of their contract is also bank holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam