What about 5% commission

YoYoC

Well, VPB.com offers me 5% commission of the affiliate program, which means if someone buy their products or services through my link then I can get that 5%. So someone can give me some advices?
Thanks

Well, it isn't the highest affiliate commission from a hosting company I've seen, but if you are 100% committed, confident and know this company well, give it a shot.

At 5% level, the question becomes whether it is worth spending your time marketing the company to receive your commission versus perhaps getting into actual reselling. First let's you focus on marketing only, while the second obligates you to get involved in operating a hosting company of your own. Nothing wrong with either options and there are a lot of people out there who prefer to just concentrate on sales/marketing to avoid the headache of running your own company.

5% doesn't seem too bad looking at their pricing structure. Like Artashes said, though, it's all about what you value your own time at. I'd see if they're flexible with that 5%

also to take into account is

1) what is the min. commission before you can withdraw
2) can the commission be withdrawn to paypal etc. or is it just added as a credit to use on future purchases from them

Is the 5% recurring or a one time commission?

You have to consider all the factors: how much will you be putting in vs how much you'd be getting back in return and how much would you get for the same time / placements on your website if you used another companies affiliate program.

They seem to focus on dedicated servers which could be great for you. They don't offer $5 - $10 shared packages and jump right into $100+ dedicated servers so you won't be seeing too little pennies with that 5% commission.

The negative side of that is they might be alienating some of your visitors who do not require a dedicated server.

A key question would be is the 5% recurring or a one time offer? If it is one time, you're better off finding another affiliate program. For a $200 server you'd get $10, at other affiliate programs you could make $85+ per sale and that includes a much wider product portfolio (shared, VPS, reseller and so on).

Well, it isn't the highest affiliate commission from a hosting company I've seen, but if you are 100% committed, confident and know this company well, give it a shot.

At 5% level, the question becomes whether it is worth spending your time marketing the company to receive your commission versus perhaps getting into actual reselling. First let's you focus on marketing only, while the second obligates you to get involved in operating a hosting company of your own. Nothing wrong with either options and there are a lot of people out there who prefer to just concentrate on sales/marketing to avoid the headache of running your own company.

Well, thanks for your advice. I will think about it.

Is the 5% recurring or a one time commission?

You have to consider all the factors: how much will you be putting in vs how much you'd be getting back in return and how much would you get for the same time / placements on your website if you used another companies affiliate program.

They seem to focus on dedicated servers which could be great for you. They don't offer $5 - $10 shared packages and jump right into $100+ dedicated servers so you won't be seeing too little pennies with that 5% commission.

The negative side of that is they might be alienating some of your visitors who do not require a dedicated server.

A key question would be is the 5% recurring or a one time offer? If it is one time, you're better off finding another affiliate program. For a $200 server you'd get $10, at other affiliate programs you could make $85+ per sale and that includes a much wider product portfolio (shared, VPS, reseller and so on).

It is recurring.

also to take into account is

1) what is the min. commission before you can withdraw
2) can the commission be withdrawn to paypal etc. or is it just added as a credit to use on future purchases from them

Well, I think I should asking for more details of this affiliate program.

It is recurring.

That is a plus. The higher price entry (compared to shared hosts) would mean you'd be looking at $5 - $10+ per month per sale.

Then again, it still doesn't really compare to web hosts offering $85+ per sale which offers a much wider product portfolio such as shared hosting.

How are you going to market the company? If say you have a website 'How to get your business online' then of course, the majority will be interested in shared hosting so it doesn't make sense to market them. On the other hand, if your website is more for larger businesses or an audience you feel that would require servers then it could be one to consider.

I actually think you can get better commission BUT if its recurring and you feel its worth the time then nothing should stop you. If its one time payoff then its a raw deal

i would still look for an affiliate program with a host that offers multiple plans and services rather than just offering dedicated servers

5% seems to be decent based on their pricing.

I would take a look around to see if any other providers can offer you better commission rates.

We give 10%. It's just more like how you value your customers/affiliate's time and how the affiliate values his/her time.

We give 15% which they have to reach £25 before it can be withdrawn as a credit.
we also have a rewards scheme so active users get points for ordering new products/services, paying invoices on time etc. 100 points is worth 50p

Different providers would pay differently, For example, We currently treat affiliates differently. For example, We pay upto 30% on the first invoice and 10% on any recurring invoices for shared hosting. We also pay $1 for every domain registration. $10 for every dedicated server first invoice and 5% on recurring invoices. VPS are treated as Shared hosting. Pay out is any time you earn a minimum of $10.