Web Hosting

host.com.tw

It just depends on your specifics needs, the one VPS is a virtual server, the other one is a cloud service. Just focus on the solution features if it is suitable for your site or satisfy your requirement.

nikipari

Google Cloud provides enterprise-class support for Windows workloads running on GCP.
you can use it easily.

sclaeys

VPS is generally more directly defined, whereas cloud can be defined differently depending upon who's using the term.

RokusMoc

In my opinion, right now there is a good choice in a variety of hosting for different purposes. For gaming, working, and studying. Unfortunately, I am not able to advise you of free hosting, because usually, I use paid ones from time to time. Like the cloud4u thing https://www.cloud4u.com/cloud-hosting/cloud-server/ with their cloud server. Even better than google as some people mentioned above.

Again, it depends on your purposes.

ONYXCLOUD

Cloud is the best, not that we are biased or anything. ;)

Think of a cloud VM as a VPS on steroids, self healing, indestructible, in theory unless the entire data center goes down your cloud based VM will still be up and running, a CPU core crashes... your are good, an entire CPU, yup... a hard drive... still good to go. Even several machines that make up the cloud can go down and your virtual machine will still be running.

Add a second cloud VM and mirror your content and you have a 100% uptime high availability environment.

ughosting

HD Community Advisor
Staff member
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding of VPS and Cloud.

All our equipment is cloud based, whether you take shared hosting, reseller hosting or an VPS.

When you get a cloud VPS, the storage is on an array with multiple copies and the CPU and memory exists on a node, which mounts the disk-space from the array.
Should the node fail, another node will mount the array and serve the content so the downtime will typically be less than 2 minutes while the detection and mitigation of the crash happens.

True, we can provide "almost" unlimited storage, but you have to ay for that and let us know before you need it. (Maybe not unlimited, but very extensive).

But why even have a VPS. If you have a VPS, then you need a control panel license, an r1Soft license and all of the plugin licenses.

Our large shared and reseller platforms use cloud linux and control the amount of resource you get just like a vps. Every user gets their own virtual filesystem, so no cross link hacking. Their own IP, so no blacklisting due to bad neighbours. Each account has CPU, Memory, I/O, IOPs and bandwidth limits, so you know that other accounts on the server will not take you down. You get the VPS experience without the cost, and it's all managed for you.