VPS Reseller

webling

I am considering reselling VPS accounts. Even though I understand regular web hosting and reseller accounts, reselling VPS is a whole nuther arena for me. I ran across ResellersPanel and registered there and it looks like they give you a store. I was hoping to put the information on my own site and take orders there but I'm not sure how good that would work since these accounts would not be on my servers.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated, also any suggestions as to who might offer a good vps reseller solution for my company would be great.

I'm not interested in owning hardware although I know I can get my own for only around $125 a month I just don't want the hassle of maintaining it. I know it would be easier to offer VPS with my own machine but I prefer to use someone elses machine since my company is new and I'm the only one doing all the work. I think at a later point once my business grows it may come into focus, but at this point I think finding a reseller option will suit me best.

You can easily resell VPS plans provided to you by your hosting company. First step is to have a good sales website where you can offer plans. If somebody signups to the plan, you just order that VPS from your hosting provider and forward to your client.
Consultation directly to the provider would be the best I recommend.

Hi

I agree with eurospace. You can look for any reseller hosting provider and get your reseller from them or you might as well consult them and ask what your clients need.

You just need to be sure you choose a good reseller as your business depends wholly on the kind of service you get from them.

You can easily resell VPS plans provided to you by your hosting company. First step is to have a good sales website where you can offer plans. If somebody signups to the plan, you just order that VPS from your hosting provider and forward to your client.
Consultation directly to the provider would be the best I recommend.

Not all VPS providers will have a reseller setup inplace to allow you to resell their servers etc.

Well, of course, it depends which provider you choose to partner with. Hosting reseller companies might not offer you such opportunity, but most reputable hosts allow you (and even giving you a discount) to resell vps / dedicated servers.

but most reputable hosts allow you (and even giving you a discount) to resell vps / dedicated servers.

so hosts that do not offer VPS/dedicated servers will give resellers discounts for reselling these. HOW STRANGE!

Not all reputable hosts offer VPS/dedicated servers.

Reselling your products and services is always good business as it has several advantages.

Companies usually do it so that they have resellers spending their own money on marketing to get sales.
So this helps the company provide a low cost way of getting sales while at the same time cutting their ad budget.

The other reason is as a reseller you end up providing a majority of the tech support within reason that is.
So they get to make more sales while at the same time drastically cutting down on their tech support request volume.

You have to make sure to pick a provider that is white label so the customer doesn't know your source and they have to have an API that allows ordering of their products. I would also highly recommend making a module that supports WHMCS and other billing managers as well.

Having a reseller program boils down to that you want to make money and cut operating costs like support and advertising since you are offloading the responsibility to the reseller.

The advantage to the reseller is that the host company has to worry about maintaining infrastructure and maintenance as well as expansion. These costs are substantial and very costly, so you end up having access to sell network/server resources while not having to worry about the cost of a data center or colocation.

In "hosting reseller company" I mentioned small hosting businesses/webdesigners, which are based on the reseller accounts, so they might not offer to resell VPS plans or their offers could be expensive. But with the providers holding their own network/hardware you can get VPS/DED. reselling opportunity, discount could be given by sale volumes.

EZPZHosting allows their resellers to resell their VPS servers at a discounted price, try and check them out! :) Good luck

I have read that Burst. Net is developing an API to resell their services

even with an API i would not recommend reselling their services.

I had a reseller account with them 1 on their UK site and 1 on their EU site. one of my clients wanted a VPS with Direct Admin, so ordered 1 for the client, the VPS was set up within hours , but after 2 weeks they till had not provided DA, they gave many reasons. after 2 weeks i decided to contact DA direct to see if they could give a reason for the hold up and i was told that NO request for a licence had been made for the server IP. when i contact burst about this i never got any response so i cancelled the VPS (still no refund after 6 months) and have neve3r bothered using my reseller accounts with them since.

Oh LORD dont go with Burst, they are horrible! Now easyhost that is one of the bad experiences I had with openvz there. Every client we sold a vps to was usually a refund within a week.

They have some killer deals on hardware as a reseller but their ips are pure crap. They come pre blacklisted most the time and good luck getting them to get it off, they will simply send you another bad block. And we even seen issues where their ips that wasnt even on the major blacklists couldnt send mail to many places.

Burst is decent for a BUDGET server reseller, maybe upsale on some server management but usually you will always run into problems with mail on their ips.

I helped setup a host one time to resell burst and he done well, back in 2008-2009 I think. Then I tried the same tactic with another guy and he was very displeased with me and my recommendations.

I would like to find a decent server reseller but still most I know if you get fraud you are still stuck with the bill and many are no more then an affiliate type deal.

Advise to anyone, avoid burst.net like the plague!

Now easyhost that is one of the bad experiences I had with openvz there.

my issue was not with OpenVZ, but the fact Burst had failed to order a DA licence after being paid for such.

I would like to find a decent server reseller but still most I know if you get fraud you are still stuck with the bill and many are no more then an affiliate type deal.

Most will still leave you with the bill if you client is fraud as it is up to you to screen your own orders.

We stopped offering VPS/DEDs as just not the requests for these, we still offer Singlehop cloud servers, but have never had 1 enquiry/order for these, so may even stop offering these.

you can use xlhost or redstation . the hardware is best but xlhost port is 100 mbps .

Neither of these allow you to resell VPS. redstation will allow you to get a ded server or colocate, but the OP is after a supplier that will allow you to set up a VPS reseller account to white label resell servers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys