Unlimited panels with DA vs limited panels with cPanel

WebsitePlex

If you has a choice between Unlimited panels with DA or limited panels with cPanel, which would you prefer and why?

It depends on your market.
If you are using cloudlinux for instance, and have sold a reseller a specific limited amount of CPU, Memory, I/O & Bandwidth, it would be nice to allow for unlimited/unrestricted users, so in that instance, it would have to be DirectAdmin.
If you insist on CPanel as a customer, I'll have to pass the prices on, as they are outside of my control, and limit the number of users you can create despite still controlling the resources you can have,

No dought direct admin has picked up greatly and now has market share but still Cpanel is at 1 and clients demand it, so ideally why don't have both to cover both demands? otherwise, I will go with Cpanel.

I would like to use DirectAdmin because of its price and the good UI, but there is no doubt that cPanel is the best control panel.

If you has a choice between Unlimited panels with DA or limited panels with cPanel, which would you prefer and why?
CPanel is actually the best choice to choose, because it has an easy and usable interface that users are used to.

If your customers basically host small-size websites/applications and if you are thinking of price in budget then Directadmin is good but overall for premium service and stable service, you should go for cPanel. There is no option right now.

Most customers prefer cPanel. It has way more options, is very easy to use and mose customers are used to it by now. DirectAdmin is more for a tech savvy person who doesn't need all of the features of cPanel. I use cPanel 99.9% of the time, but may use DirectAdmin just to try something different and see how far along it has come. To me, cPanel is worth it's weight in gold.

After migrating over 30 web servers from cPanel to DirectAdmin, I can without a doubt say I like DirectAdmin more than cPanel.

DirectAdmin's no bs approach to licensing fees and customer care beats cPanel's hands down.

I actually have found customizing, and tweaking DirectAdmin's core functionality to my exact preference to be far easier.

cPanel is the choice. After 10 years of the partnership with them, I'd say cPanel is one of the reliable, easy and rich control panel both for sysadmins, resellers and end-users.

cPanel has lot of feature and very user friendly so cpanel is always best but they are increasing lot of prices so need to think about directadmin ..

Customers prefer cPanel, so we use cPanel. However, I have a feeling DirectAdmin is going to go the cPanel route sooner or later - it won't be unlimited forever.

I'm curious about all of the people stating that "customers prefer cPanel".

What is that based on, are customers explicitly requesting cPanel, did you ask them the question, or have you tried offering an alternative and people have said "hell no, that's not cPanel"?

Our experience doesn't show everyone wanting cPanel because alternatives aren't ok with them.

I'm curious about all of the people stating that "customers prefer cPanel".

What is that based on, are customers explicitly requesting cPanel, did you ask them the question, or have you tried offering an alternative and people have said "hell no, that's not cPanel"?

Our experience doesn't show everyone wanting cPanel because alternatives aren't ok with them.
Sales: We decided to cease selling cPanel hosting, suspending the sale of cPanel accounts for one month. Consequently, the sales of hosting drastically dropped, prompting us to resume cPanel sales.

Profit: The majority of our profit came from cPanel hosting plans.

Other factors to consider include trust, ease of use, and automation.

Both control panels are equally good and have the same user-friendly interface. Cpanel is often preferred by users because it is widely used by hosting providers.
However, as technology advances, the specific control panel becomes less significant in the user's decision-making process. Efficiency and performance are now seen as more crucial factors.
Our preference is Directadmin as it offers a cost advantage at present. This lower cost allows us to offer our finished products at a more affordable price, making them more appealing to users.

Direct Admin has been really good, but most users still prefer cPanel.

To be honest, Direct Admin has been slowly raising their prices too ( Removing/nerfing old legacy plans, or smaller plans ).

Direct Admin also has like 4 layouts, confusing clients even further, they have 1 that looks a bit like cPanel, and the other 3 looks nothing like cPanel so sometimes clients accidentally change it or get even more confused.