Transferring a Domain Name

LPTechs

When you are transferring a Domain name from one registrar (a place where you have bought the registration for your website name) to another, you need to follow these steps:

1. Confirm the place where you have your domain registerred at

2. Contact your registrar and ask them to make sure the domain is unlocked and there is no privacy enabled (you could have this on, there might be a fee depending on where the domain is hosted at

3. Have your registrar send you or inform you on the transfer code need to make the move over. The is an authorization code needed to start the transfer

4. Contact the new registrar to have them begin the transfer. Keep in mind that they might ask you for the code or they will have you enter the code yourself through their own steps

5. Once the transfer is started at the new registrar, it will take 5-7 business days until transfer in completed.

Another thing to keep in mind, most registrars have a transfer fee. This varies based on where you are transferring the domain name to.

@LPTechs Is this a meaningful thread that contributes to the community? I should do much better if you want people to appreciate your signature on the bottom of the post.

This is a "Web Hosting Discussion" not a section to discuss domain names. Plus a domain name transfer procedure is available everywhere with each and every domain registration and web hosting provider. So, the opening thread could be considered as content spam.

5. Once the transfer is started at the new registrar, it will take 5-7 business days until transfer in completed.

WRONG

A transfer takes upto 72 hrs to complete once you confirm the move with new and current registrar through the emails they will send the domains registrant.

Another thing to keep in mind, most registrars have a transfer fee. This varies based on where you are transferring the domain name to.

WRONG
ALL registrars will charge for domain transfers as the fees are set per TLD. only .uk domains don't have a transfer fee. This has no bearing to where you are transferring domains too.

LPTech i would suggest that before you spam forums with your info you get the info correct

Last edited:
WRONG

A transfer takes upto 72 hrs to complete once you confirm the move with new and current registrar through the emails they will send the domains registrant.

Not really. Registry like PDR and eNom , for example, need about 5 days to complete the transfer once the transfer is confirmed by the domain owner...

Here is the message I got every time a domain is transfered out from PDR

Dear Customer,

Web Alternative received notification on Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 that you have requested a transfer to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for xxxxxxxxx. If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message. If you wish to cancel the transfer, please click on the below link before Sunday, Mar 18, 2018:

Cancel Transfer Link:

Click Here to cancel the transfer of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If we do not hear from you by Sunday, Mar 18, 2018,the transfer will proceed.

So, at every domain transfered out I can revert the transfer process up to 5 days after the confirmation by the actual owner.

Here is the message I got every time a domain is transfered out from PDR

So, at every domain transfered out I can revert the transfer process up to 5 days after the confirmation by the actual owner.

and 1 & 1 state

Timeframes for Domain Transfers
Non-UK domains (.com, .net, etc.)

A Transfer of Registrar will begin 5 calendar days after the date we receive your consent for the domain transfer to be completed as long as there are no issues. If the DNS is changed during the transfer, the update will not occur until the transfer is completed.
Before initiating a transfer request, please ensure the following:
The domain to be transferred has not just been registered or transferred in the past 60 days.
The contact details (WHOIS info) for the domain are correct and the E-mail contact listed can receive E-mails.
The domain has been unlocked for domain transfers.
The domain's authorisation code (EPP, AuthInfo code, Authorisation code, transfer code, transfer secret) has been obtained from the current registrar (if applicable).

UK domains (.co.uk, .org.uk, etc.)

It takes 24 hours or less for a domain to transfer once transfer request has been initiated with the gaining registrar and the IPS tag is changed.
Before initiating a transfer request, please ensure the following:
The domain to be transferred has not just been registered or transferred in the past 30 days.
The domain transfer request has been initiated with the gaining registrar.
You have the IPS tag of the gaining registrar.

but i have never waited longer than 72 hrs through resellerclub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode