Those who don't use WHMCS, what alternative billing software do you use?

Hi everybody,

I want to ask those who don't use WHMCS, what alternative billing do you use?

There are very few options one can consider as an alternative to WHMCS. The answers will either be: Clientexec, Blesta, HostBill or custom.

The very unlikely ones (dated or just very new) would either be: WHM Auto Pilot, ModernBill, or WHSuite.

This is a good question.

I've used Blesta before but not in replacement of WHMCS. Blesta is really nice software it's very clean and I like their focus on security but the features are very limited compared to WHMCS.

HostBill showed a lot of promise but their constant price changes is a big put off, you never know what they're going to do.

This is a good question.

I've used Blesta before but not in replacement of WHMCS. Blesta is really nice software it's very clean and I like their focus on security but the features are very limited compared to WHMCS.

HostBill showed a lot of promise but their constant price changes is a big put off, you never know what they're going to do.

To be fair, I think they have since found themselves and haven't changed their pricing in a while. Their entry level package costs $999 I believe and has been that for a long while.

They have made quite a lot of changes though in the past such as removing support, introducing a $75 per ticket option. Looking it seems they have since added a bundle of tickets (50 tickets for $999 so $19.95 per ticket).

They have made quite a lot of changes though in the past such as removing support, introducing a $75 per ticket option. Looking it seems they have since added a bundle of tickets (50 tickets for $999 so $19.95 per ticket).

that is a put off, so if you have an issue with their software you have to pay them $75 to sort it out, well that is all wrong and in the UK it is ILLEGAL if the issue is with their product.

Best alternatives are

Blesta
ClientExec
Boxbilling

WHMCS is still best for webhosting companies as a lot of features will be missing in other panels. and most plugins will be there readily available in the market for whmcs and not for others.

that makes the main difference between whmcs and others.

I agree with @nixtree

Personally, I would use ClientExec if you don't want to use WHMCS. But, WHMCS is the most common and most used billing software by web hosts today.

I agree with @nixtree

Personally, I would use ClientExec if you don't want to use WHMCS. But, WHMCS is the most common and most used billing software by web hosts today.

I'm curious, why would you opt for ClientExec over Blesta?

One gripe I have about ClientExec is that they never seem to publish a full changelog after each version. For example their announcements for each release is here but, what has changed in any???

I assume HostBill wouldn't be considered due to the license cost?

To be fair, I think they have since found themselves and haven't changed their pricing in a while. Their entry level package costs $999 I believe and has been that for a long while.

Wow - I had no idea. I never honestly really gave them a serious look beyond knowing that they existed and what their product did roughly.

There are very few options one can consider as an alternative to WHMCS.

In the end , there really are no alternatives to WHMCS. As bad as their support is (it's terrible), there have yet to be any options to WHMCS that are worth even looking at.

Blesta is really nice software
Looks nice, and actually functions nice are two different issues entirely. Adding to that, they're so slow in development it's not funny. They pass everything onto their customers to do, which is just not an acceptable approach.

Yeah, hostbill shot themselves in the foot with the multiple price changes, honestly.

They have made quite a lot of changes though in the past such as removing support, introducing a $75 per ticket option.
And this is why nobody in their right mind will ever use Hostbill. Charging for support is just a ridiculous approach. Their clients already paid an insane amount for their script, they need to just deliver the script, working, and provide support, like every other software development company does.

Realistically, as I said, there's no 'alternative' right now to WHMCS. I'd love for one to come up, believe me. WHMCS et all need to be dethroned, and badly. They need to be taken down a few dozen notches, because they're getting far too big for their britches so to speak.

Personally, I feel it depends on upon your budget. If you have the money to shell out 1000$ pm at minimum Ubersmith is far better than WHMCS. They have a very extensive API also their support is pretty darn good.

WHMCS is great for people who wouldn't want to spend a lot of $$ on their billing solution. It just does the job but once you start growing assuming you are into providing dedicated servers then Ubersmith is just far more superior than it.

Ubersmith is best for those who want to completely customise their frontend looks and incorporate some custom features/functions for their service.

Best is to use custom codes as we do. Best benefit will be like having features what we need exactly. This way you can introduce new kind of billing such as per minute / per hour like some cloud hosting providers do

Best is to use custom codes as we do. Best benefit will be like having features what we need exactly. This way you can introduce new kind of billing such as per minute / per hour like some cloud hosting providers do

Is there no ready-to-use software on the market that has that ability to offer per minute / per hour billing? I am surprised.

Is there no ready-to-use software on the market that has that ability to offer per minute / per hour billing? I am surprised.

you can use billable items in WHMCS and then set the cron to run every minute or hour and invoice on the next cron run