The 5 most common questions from your customers

BlackStorm

What 5 questions are most common from your customers?

For me they would be

- I delete the public_html directory and my files wont show :rolleyes:
- how do I upload my files
- how do i access my website
- how do i access my control panel
- why is my site not working (Just after they got domain and havent setup DNS :D)

They are the most common but very easy to help with too

The first question I get most of the time is

- Is the server down? (They havent changed the DNS for the domain)
- I uploaded my files and they are not showing properly. What happened? (They uploaded just to /home/username/ and not /home/username/public_html)
- Do I have SSH access? (Depends... are you a rootkit kiddie?)
- Does my site have statistics? (yes in cpanel)
- Do you offer a trial period?

Those are the most common ones I have had so far this month.
And the best one I think I've heard is...
"Is their anyway you can host my site. We use about 2.5GB space and close to 60GB transfer" I reply "Sure whats your budget?", they reply "I need it for free. Im only 16 and dont have a credit card or anything to pay with."
---------^ Just goes to prove there are still dumbasses out there

<!--QuoteBegin-gotabanner+Oct 22 2003, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gotabanner @ Oct 22 2003, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I guess

1- Can do the banner of $10.00

2- Can you do the banner of free b/c am starting a small business we dont got no money. [/b][/quote]
Wow...I have to admit that this is pretty funny :)

Regarding hosting questions if people dont know how to use a server or if it is their first time and they haven't change their domain DNS their first question will be to ask us if our server is down. :)

The question we get most often, and the one that makes me laugh the hardest....

When an account is setup in Hsphere (our control panel) an temporary URL (IP based) is given to the client so they can temporarily view their site and make changes etc... until their DNS entries resolve.

We almost always get asked - How am I supposed to memorize all those numbers? and why cant I just use the name I just purchased?

Its like clockwork - the funny thing is, after awhile, I realized people would ask this, so I tried to proactively let them know (when possible) - they still asked !! :blink:

:lol:

How am I supposed to memorize all those numbers?
:lol:

I have never had that one before but I also give out the temp domain with the IP in the welcome email.

:lol: :lol: That really did make me laugh

I get alot of weird questions.. most comon ones are

1. You're new, will you be around tomorrow?
2. What is SSH?
3. Can I buy a mIRC server?
4. My shell is empty, where is my server?
5. Can you setup my IRC server?

<!--QuoteBegin-GordyMac+Oct 23 2003, 10:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GordyMac @ Oct 23 2003, 10:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I get alot of weird questions.. most comon ones are

1. You're new, will you be around tomorrow?
2. What is SSH?
3. Can I buy a mIRC server?
4. My shell is empty, where is my server?
5. Can you setup my IRC server? [/b][/quote]
Well regarding the YOUR NEW question...I get that too...but to be honest with you when looking from a customer prespective...they have every right to ask that to make sure that they are not going to be wasting their time, energy and most of all their money with the hosting company...I mean if I was in their place I would do the same thing since the hosting industry is very tricky nowdays with a LOT of kiddie hosts and UNRELIABLE service :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys