Spectacular glider touchdown

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I promised @SenseiSteve to find the video, but now that I have, I thought I'd share it with everyone. One of the reasons to be jealous of Europeans is that mind blowing scenery. 🌄

Holy Crap - that's low over the houses - especially with no option to give it more power! Impressive.

Fantastic scenery - coming in for a landing, you're only going about 25mph, but still hurts if done wrong. For Artashes, here is the air field I was telling you about earlier today.

Holy Crap - that's low over the houses - especially with no option to give it more power! Impressive.
Exactly what I thought when I watched it! When he went around, I was like boy he's got the belief in him... haha.

Fantastic scenery - coming in for a landing, you're only going about 25mph, but still hurts if done wrong. For Artashes, here is the air field I was telling you about earlier today.
Wow that's pretty and right by the sandy beach, so you can just go for a swim right after. I bet people just fly in for a beach day. 🛩️

That airport is next to Haleiwa on the North Shore where world class surfers compete between November and March every year (well not in 2020 because of Covid restrictions). Lots of beaches to swim at. You have the mountains on one side and the beach on the other side. Lots of great places to picnic or eat at local restaurants.