Solusvm 2.0? Any news/updates?

Being server management company, this question is being asked by many of our clients. Hope they release it this year. :)

Nobody knows, and they didnt release any information about its release date which means they are not sure if the stage which they are at now would let them to promise the public when it will be released or even giving a high ranged ETA

SolusVM's development has become stagnant after OnApp acquired them - it seems as if OnApp doesn't want to develop SolusVM with features that compete with OnApp itself as they obviously are charging much higher rates.

Originally SolusVM's team was looking to expand features such as High Availability into the SVM2 update, and much other 'Cloud' Like features, but OnApp scratched that off after acquiring them.

At the moment SVM2 has been delayed constantly, and ETA's given by OnApp's team have been passed numerous times.

Last edited:
SolusVM is something like duke nukem forever. It's done when it's done. In my personal opinion it will never be released ;).

For that reason we decided to develop our own software solution as the solusVM team were unable to keep up with fixing reported bugs and we needed to fight through the first line of support over and over again to get someone who was able to understand the reported problem.

Last major update was on 7 Mar 2017 when they added support for OpenVZ Virtuozzo Linux 7.

Let's give them a chance...

Not yet! Looking forward to it to be honest an upgrade is always welcomed if it keeps us in front.

Let's give them a chance...
OnApp has had more than 'a chance'. They bought this company years ago, promised it then, and still haven't bothered to release anything. Hell, they're using Solus to advertise for their own service right now, so yeah, I would say that the odds of v2 coming out are slim to pretty much forget about it, leaning more on the 'forget about it' side.

I personally don't think they will release this year, as company is concentrate with development of Onapp and in my opinion they completely ignore the SolusVM as this way they can push all clients to spend more money on Onapp and gradually kill the SolusVM