SingleHop?

slashpro

Anyone try them? I've used them before and I think they are pretty solid but just curious on anyone elses take. I think from my usage they are slightly more expensive than some larger datacenters but they will give you a deal if you ask as most datacenters will.

Hey Slashpro,

My previous hosting business utilized them for a few servers but I haven't worked with them in quite sometime. I will say their deployment times are very impressive, they provide excellent customer service and overall a great provider.

But yes, their configs are a bit more expensive then some hosts. You pay a bit more for a solid name in the industry and quality service.

(Opinion :) )

We have a large number of servers with SingleHop, and have been happy customers of theirs over the past 4 years.

If you're a tandem partner, you can get much better discounts than their regular front page. As always, the more hardware you have with them, the more discount you get and the more weight you have to throw around.

Never had an issue with them - always fast, always responsive and pretty much always available.

We have a large number of servers with SingleHop, and have been happy customers of theirs over the past 4 years.

If you're a tandem partner, you can get much better discounts than their regular front page. As always, the more hardware you have with them, the more discount you get and the more weight you have to throw around.

Never had an issue with them - always fast, always responsive and pretty much always available.

And I'll have to say their Tandem UI/functions are VERY cool.

Yes, I understand SingleHop has excellent service with support. Tandem partners are good, if you have large number of servers with them.

Singlehop was good for network and uptime. Support was great as well however we went through no less than 5 sales reps and each of them were less than helpful.

We have since moved our services to PhoenixNAP and have had a MUCH better response as well as partner program from them. They have really helped us take off and our account rep is constantly giving us feedback, tips, and special deals to grow our business. If you need further details, please feel free to ask.

Great service, uptime, and support. Their prices are a touch too high though. We don't need management so that was one of the main reasons we didn't consider them the last time we needed to move. We moved to Choopa and have had nothing but good!

As a previous customer I can say that they do certainly deliver and are a great brand. Sometimes you need to understand that just because they are expensive does not mean that they are actually the best. I know several far more affordable brands who offer the same connectivity and more personalized service. Up to your personal preference though.

Jordan F.

As others have pointed out, their network and uptime is top-notch, but they are a little pricey, especially for a small host with not a lot of servers for volume discounts. Their Tandem user interface is really cool, and integrate with WHMCS to give end-users a white label control panel.

We used to have a server with SH quite a few years ago. I found their "LEAP" control panel to be relatively slow and annoying to use at the time. I wonder if it has improved.

If we are talking about - The knowledge of SingleHop staffs in Linux? or Uptime 100% because they have generator in the DC! Then they are good.

If you are talking about speed.. SingleHOP SUCKS! Yes! right Leaswebs sick outdated USA data center is faster than them.. Then WHY SHOULD YOU PAY THEM?

Don't believe me make a speed test on both 1Gbps server...

Thanks

They were great during the years when we were resellers (now we have our own DC operations). We grew quite close to Dan and Zach and they were always there when we needed them. Can expect a dedicated staff with quick support and service. We still have some remnants with them from old customers and they still are going strong.

Recommended if you do not mind spending a little more for piece of mind.

I used them a while ago and they weren't bad. I don't really have much to say about them. They weren't great nor bad. Just very average.

Singlehop was good for network and uptime. Support was great as well however we went through no less than 5 sales reps and each of them were less than helpful.

We have since moved our services to PhoenixNAP and have had a MUCH better response as well as partner program from them. They have really helped us take off and our account rep is constantly giving us feedback, tips, and special deals to grow our business. If you need further details, please feel free to ask.

We attempted to work with SingleHop for a few large deals and honestly it started out decently, but ended with us migrating numerous machines out of their Chicago & Amsterdam facilities.

We got swapped around on the sales front a bit, but the straw that broke the camels back was when they refused to honor the quotes & reseller pricing they provided us even though it was agreed it would be good for at least 6 months (This was all in writing & on the contracts).

Their networks are decent, but not amazing and their overall network capacity is quite embarrassing. At the time they were excited when they had somewhere in the ball park of 20-40Gbit of uplink capacity for their new Chicago datacenter even when they had rows and rows of machines online - nothing like floating on the edge of your capacity.