Sales strategies

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
Your thoughts?

I'm curious how many here have heard the term POCCAD, and how that relates to increasing sales of web hosting?

In one-on-one meetings, I recommend the POCCAD approach, asking questions related to personnel, their organization, their current system, their current vendors, what applications they’re using, and who their decision makers are. Find their hot buttons and drill deeper.

I wonder what the advantages are for also marketing to a local market versus relying entirely on Internet sales?

Last edited:
I have seen some of my competitors with good connection to the government sector doing marketing to a local market as well.

I think marketing to local market is only better than internet sales when you are getting a large organization looking for large scale hosting solutions such as 10 dedicated server, private cloud, EV SSL, and over 100 email hosting accounts.

I have seen some of my competitors with good connection to the government sector doing marketing to a local market as well.

I think marketing to local market is only better than internet sales when you are getting a large organization looking for large scale hosting solutions such as 10 dedicated server, private cloud, EV SSL, and over 100 email hosting accounts.

Well, I think that depends on what your local market looks like. Personally, I find it's much easier to approach my local market person to person as that immediately gives you the opportunity to build know, like and trust factors.

I'd never heard the term POCCAD, but it makes sense. It's something that we do here internally, but never knew the name. When we do phone consults, our main focus is usually "whats the biggest pain point" and "can we resolve it" - after that, it's all just formalities.

As far as marketing to a local community, this is a gold mine that so many overlook. Get involved with a local web design group, Wordpress meetups, designers, and various networking groups. They are more than happy to sign up, if you present the right offer, and of course, back up the offering with service.

Keep in mind, as with all types of networking, if you're there only to pitch your wares, people will tune out. You must be a contributing member to any group.

Don't be afraid to think outside the box too - "model railroading groups" are a great example. Modelers love to show off their latest creations, pictures, content and video. You'd be amazed at how many of them have their own sites. Once involved with one group, they are known to share with others. Maybe offer free hosting to the group, and discounted hosting to members. This is an easy door opening.

But again, know the pain point first - if they're not having issues, pitching them just on money isn't going to win much favor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam