Reseller Types

webline

We get asked all the time about what the the difference is between the reseller plans. :confused: Here is a short summary:

Reseller-You can create shared Hosting Accounts
Master Reseller-You can also create reseller accounts
Alpha Reseller-You can also create master reseller accounts

Does anyone know if there is another category beyond Alpha Reseller?

According to me, Reselling is not only limited to Shared Hosting. You can also purchase Dedicated server and install virtualization software like Hyper-V, VMware, Xen etc. create VPSs and sell this VPSs as a reseller.

Now reseller hosting is not just limited to shared hosting. It is also possible to offer reseller hosting for VPS in which reseller can create VPS from his/her end and resell it.

It will be 3 reseller accounts for reseller plan.

1. Beginner reseller

2. Advanced reseller

3. Premium reseller

Above reseller accounts will depend on Disk space amount and Monthly bandwidth.

Now reseller hosting is not just limited to shared hosting. It is also possible to offer reseller hosting for VPS in which reseller can create VPS from his/her end and resell it.

There's also dedicated hosting as has been mentioned. We're working on the finishing touches for our cloud reseller offering right now. We expect to launch the beta version by July 1st.

Be careful selling Master and Alpha reseller plans, the final end-customer is so separated from you as a provider that there is really no way that you can verify that your reseller's reseller has past on all the rules from your TOS to the final end-custimer so you could end up with some serious abusers.

I am really not happy in letting our quality suffer in this way.

reseller is not only about shared hosting but there can be dedicated and vps reseller hosting also...and apart from alpha reseller hosting there are white label reseller, beginner reseller, advance reseller

Now days some company sell Super ALpha which has ability to sell alpha account too. But it just trash the server due to overload because of overselling the server.

The best way is not to buy a reseller plan, but install WHMCS plugin and just resell everthing your main provider offers. It is the easiest way to become big reseller.

The best way is not to buy a reseller plan, but install WHMCS plugin and just resell everthing your main provider offers. It is the easiest way to become big reseller.

Is it? Probably would be easier to just become an affiliate.

Purchasing a license from WHMCS at $15 - $16 can buy you a reseller package which includes WHMCS for free.

There's many many alpha, super alpha, master reseller companies out their who offer services at rock bottom low prices and then wonder why their servers run slow, not to mention half of the vulnerabilities in the software they use.

We personally don't offer anything higher than a master reseller, purely because the software we use has proven to be stable. The master resellers are created on a completely different server from our standard shared/reseller customers purely because of the usage.

Anyway back on topic, the highest form of reseller I've heard of is a super alpha reseller, allows you to sell master resellers, resellers and shared hosting accounts.

You can resell simply anything.
Generally Reseller Hosting refers to WHM/Plesk Resellers , but now we can see VPS Resellers ( SolusVM ) we well.

Hi,
As I know there are three software used for reselling in cPanel based server. Which are
1. Zamfoo
2. PHPReseller
3. Deasoft

I think but not sure that Zamfoo bring the concept of Super Alpha and Alpha reseller hosting.
With zamfoo the flow can be understood as
Super Alpha -> Alpha -> Master -> Reseller -> End User

and PHPReseller and WHMPHP both capable of create Master and Reseller type of account. For cPanel Hosting.

But as now Reseller things is going on, So this feature also come in VPS hosting market too.
SolousVM, a VPS control Panel also capable of create a reseller. So if you have a solousvm reseller account then you may capable of selling end-user VPS.

But as current zamfoo had a security issues. So most of provider not using this software plugins.

Yes,

Super Alpha - Sell upto Alphas

Then a ROOT Reseller (must install super alpha licence in main sever) enables to sell Super Alpha's.

We get asked all the time about what the the difference is between the reseller plans. :confused: Here is a short summary:

Master Reseller-You can also create reseller accounts
Alpha Reseller-You can also create master reseller accounts

Does anyone know if there is another category beyond Alpha Reseller?

I've seen somewhere that they were providing Supper Alpha Reseller.

others that I know is the root reseller, but I would suggest using a VPS or dedicated server, because basically all have limitations