Reseller plan with domain reselling account

skywebsitehost

Hello All, i'm planing of buying a reseller plan to start my own hosting business to a local market[NIGERIA] but what i don't understand is after buying a reseller plan from a provider, do i need to buy a domain reselling account too from a provider?

It depends upon cost of the domain service if your reseller provider is providing. You can search in google for the cheapr domain service provider and compare their cost with your reseller hosting provider for the domain service. This should help you to choose your domain service provider.

It depends upon cost of the domain service if your reseller provider is providing. You can search in google for the cheapr domain service provider and compare their cost with your reseller hosting provider for the domain service. This should help you to choose your domain service provider.

do you mean after buying a reseller plan i will also buy a domain reselling account?

Yes, you will need to have a domain reselling account if you wish to resell domains.

But it depends on which market you are selling to.

We host more than 15,000 websites, but we only provide around 1,500 of the domains, the others people have got their domains from their own alternative providers.

I cannot say for certain, what percentage of the 1,500 customers would not host with us if we didn't provide domains.

However, if you want to function like a full host, then you will need one.

We use a combination of NetEarthOne (our favourite), HexoNet (they sell everything, including the kitchen sink), and we also have a few domains with eNom, but we mainly use them for SSL Certificates.

There are many others, like ResellerClub, NameCheap etc.

Usually reselling them does not cost anything, but you will have to deposit some money with them, from which your customers purchases are taken.

You will need to make sure that this money stays topped up.

Again you will need some some Host Billing software like WHMCS, HostBill, ClientExec etc, to allow your customer to sell these products, including packages from your reseller account.

resellerclub deal with whmcs

Yes, you will need to have a domain reselling account if you wish to resell domains.

But it depends on which market you are selling to.

We host more than 15,000 websites, but we only provide around 1,500 of the domains, the others people have got their domains from their own alternative providers.

I cannot say for certain, what percentage of the 1,500 customers would not host with us if we didn't provide domains.

However, if you want to function like a full host, then you will need one.

We use a combination of NetEarthOne (our favourite), HexoNet (they sell everything, including the kitchen sink), and we also have a few domains with eNom, but we mainly use them for SSL Certificates.

There are many others, like ResellerClub, NameCheap etc.

Usually reselling them does not cost anything, but you will have to deposit some money with them, from which your customers purchases are taken.

You will need to make sure that this money stays topped up.

Again you will need some some Host Billing software like WHMCS, HostBill, ClientExec etc, to allow your customer to sell these products, including packages from your reseller account.
Thanks for the input so far, i will take that into consideration i already knew some of the facts so far. i already thought that resellerclub had a deal with WHMCS billing software to offer free reseller account to whmcs customers.

i already thought that resellerclub had a deal with WHMCS billing software to offer free reseller account to whmcs customers.

what you are referring too is this https://www.whmcs.com/partners/resellerclub/

you will become a sub reseller for WHMCS who are the resellerclub reseller. you would be better off going direct http://www.resellerclub.com/signup-now.

I originally signed up with WHMCS, but then i found out i could sign up direct with RC with a £30 deposit ( which is placed i your account to use for future orders) and i can sell domains cheaper that what i had to pay WHMCS before i placed a profit on the domain

ok whmcs will take their odds from the sales when products is being sold or do you have to deposit sum cash to whmcs?

No you sign up free using the WHMCS link. all in all it will look the same as if you went direct.

but lets say RC sell a .com domain at $6 to their resellers, so this is what WHMCS would pay RC. but WHMCS would need to make a profit, so they will sell to you at $9, then you need to make a profit, so you sell to your clients at $12.

but if you go direct then you will pay the $6 to RC, so could sell to your clients for $9.

to automate the process for clients to registers/renew domains you would need to place a deposit in the account.

currently clients can register/renew/transfer domains through our WHMCS, we also have a specific site set up through RC for selling domains services retail (supersite) and a reseller site (partnersite) each with their own URL

Last edited:
No you sign up free using the WHMCS link. all in all it will look the same as if you went direct.

but lets say RC sell a .com domain at $6 to their resellers, so this is what WHMCS would pay RC. but WHMCS would need to make a profit, so they will sell to you at $9, then you need to make a profit, so you sell to your clients at $12.

but if you go direct then you will pay the $6 to RC, so could sell to your clients for $9.

to automate the process for clients to registers/renew domains you would need to place a deposit in the account.

currently clients can register/renew/transfer domains through our WHMCS, we also have a specific site set up through RC for selling domains services retail (supersite) and a reseller site (partnersite) each with their own URL

resellerclub and logicbox who do you think is worthly and cheaper?

Hi!

Thanks for the mention, prosecure :)

skywebsitehost, we'd love to have you on board!

hey man thanks, you 're good if you guys could get some local tld to your business coz their are so many customers looking up to you guys in future for domain reselling business from africa, am targeting a local country which i want to resell their local tlds on a cheaper rates to maintain profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you sign up to reseller club through WHMCS take a look at the pricing you would get versus going direct. I know you have to deposit a few more dollars to go direct, but whats the point of setting it up and being so expensive that no one wants to use you?

Last edited:
Before you sign up to reseller club through WHMCS take a look at the pricing you would get versus going direct. I know you have to deposit a few more dollars to go direct, but whats the point of setting it up and being so expensive that no one wants to use you?

Alternatively your host can provide you with an account at more preferential rates.

I recall one of my clients refused to accept our branded Resellerclub account, and went direct. We offered a .com registration at $9.49/year he preferred to go and start from $10.99/year.

As a reseller you host can make better price deals than going direct.

Go for a medium sizes company and I guarantee they will provide more personal help and be more willing to assist you in your needs.

Better take premium domain which is already 2years old. And take reseller hosting from minimum 5 years old company

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys