Reseller Identity

webline

If you are a reseller, how important is hiding your sellers information? Is it fair to pay more for whitelabel or should it be part of the package?

Customers like to know who they are buying services from. It helps people learn if their provider is a 14 years old or registered business. Hiding in today's market just adds a cloud of mystery to your business and people don't like that. I remember 4-5 years ago when I was a host, being able to look up a who.is on a domain was becoming hot and people wanted to know who owned the domain. If you had private info on there people didn't like it and stayed away.

Well, if you are getting a white-label package there is no need to tell them who supplies your space and bandwidth. What I meant was your identity. Meaning who.is info on the domain, if they ask where the servers are housed, etc. Anything white-label can be kept to yourself as your clients do not need to know you are a reseller unless you want them too :)

We host 100's of or clients and two things they mostly have no clue about and never ask.

Hosting and their site validating.

You ask..do you have a host and they answer..what is a host?

They have no clue about will their site validate and if you told them they would probably say...who cares!

I'll be truthful with you...we can't tell any difference in a site validating or not as far as seo. load times, built in css or tables or both.

Only a very small percentage of sites validate only about 1%.

Sorry code heads, that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
you still need to look carefully at any host that offers you white label as no good saying they give you white label if they dont set the reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) correctly. i remember going with a host many moons ago and getting a white label reseller account, but the IPs reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) pointed to and displayed their business ( so not white label)

Most hosting providers offer white label reseller hosting but it is still possible to find the actual hosting provider from the IP addresses.

Will use whitelable reselling, ID protection and PTR for each IP address. This is the best way to hide

It is better way to show your own information for branding purposes. However if they ask you about this privately, you should not lie.

modern world is going to be more transparent in each an every sector through Technology...so no way, you have to be transparent to your customers , otherwise you can't sustain...

We offer white-label resellers with private name servers etc but many of our clients don't take us up on it and are more than happy just to use our own name servers - it all depends on the customers requirements and usage of the reseller, everyone's different. If a resellers client looks hard enough into it 9 times out of 10 they're still going to find out who the main reseller host is. I'd like to think our reseller clients are honest about it with their customers if they do ask - but that's up to them.

We offer white-label resellers with private name servers etc but many of our clients don't take us up on it and are more than happy just to use our own name servers - it all depends on the customers requirements and usage of the reseller, everyone's different. If a resellers client looks hard enough into it 9 times out of 10 they're still going to find out who the main reseller host is. I'd like to think our reseller clients are honest about it with their customers if they do ask - but that's up to them.

I agree

Not all with reseller accounts are actually reselling hosting. Like when i started i have about 6 websites and rather than have 6 separate shared accounts i took out a reseller account to manage all my sites and it worked out cheaper than 6 separate shared accounts.

I'll start by saying we're not on reseller packages and but do offer a very popular reseller program. Generally I find most will not reveal they're reselling our services and in most cases the client won't look to in-depth to find who the 1st provider is.

You might get your WHOIS checked out, yes. No problem that won't mention our name. Only the technically minded and those really wanting to figure out for whatever reason will look. Your average local business owner isn't going to go on a mission and find out if you're a reseller or not, if they like your services and have a need for it, they'll signup.