Reseller hosting worth it to sale?

gettyhosting

Hi,

Now a days cloud is growing like anything. There are hosting services like VPS and cloud with very cheap rate. Is it wort to sale reseller packages for linux and windows hosting?

For starter reseller is good. Also webmaster like reseller hosting because they don't want to invest time on managing vps. So I think it still worth.

If you know what you are doing I think you should get a cheap VPS or even a managed VPS. As a reseller you want to be able to handle your clients yourself without having to get the real host involved and waiting for them. If a client has a problem you want to be able to handle it immediately instead of having to pass it on to yet another person.

Use a low cost managed VPS and it can be really helpful for your needs, the OP.

even having a managed VPS you still have to have some knowledge on how a VPS works and runs as it is totally different to having a reseller or shared account.

If you are starting in the hosting business, then get a reseller account to start with, this will allow you to build up a stable clientbase and gain a reputation without the worry to making sure the server is secure etc.
The once you have a reputation and clientbase, then look at a managed VPS (dont forget its not just the cost of the VPS as you will also need a control panel - cPanel/Direct admin etc. also Softaculous etc.

Last edited:
Reseller packages are specifically for the users who don't want to manage their customer's websites at their own and can escalate the support issues and get them resolved easily with the help of their hosting provider.

Vps or cloud is only an option if you need full access and need customization in software configuration to manage the websites. On shared/reseller hosting such customization is sometimes not possible.

Reseller packages are specifically for the users who don't want to manage their customer's websites at their own and can escalate the support issues and get them resolved easily with the help of their hosting provider.

Vps or cloud is only an option if you need full access and need customization in software configuration to manage the websites. On shared/reseller hosting such customization is sometimes not possible.

WRONG. if you are selling hosting to customers then you need a reseller account as you cannot resell accounts to clients if you have a shared account as this will be against any hosts TOS.

if you are serious about running a hosting business then you need a VPS as you have control of what is placed on the server and to make the server secure.

If you are just getting a few clients in your local community then yes a reseller account should work for you. You are probably setting up web sites for local businesses and offering them a package deal.

However if web hosting is the core of your business then you should consider learning how a server works and get a VPS.

If you are just getting a few clients in your local community then yes a reseller account should work for you. You are probably setting up web sites for local businesses and offering them a package deal.

However if web hosting is the core of your business then you should consider learning how a server works and get a VPS.

I agree. i started small and with a reseller account as i had a few sites of my own and a reseller account was more efficient rather than having several shared accounts. A few other market traders asked me to host sites for them, which helped me cover the hosting costs (at that point not bothered on making money from this), but as more and more people started asking me i started to think i could make a small profit, but needed a larger plan, so i did this and was working find until the host i was with had to pack in due to medical issues, the new host caused me many issues and eventually the server went down down which he stated was a harddrive failure, which he stated would be fixed in a few days, so he would place me on another server with new IPs, so fine, then a few weeks later this server went down and he stated the same thing that it suffered a hard drive failure and again he would move me to a new server with new IPS, but this never happened and could not get in touch with him, after 4 days trying to maker contact and actually getting only 1 reply saying he would sort this out and me losing many clients as by this stage i had 350 clients, but lost 200 due to sites being down and nothing i could do i have to find a solution fast. i found another host that was a temp solution to get what clients i had left back online as it did not have all the features i needed, but gave me time to research other options. I decided to take the next step and look at a VPS. i chose a managed option and played around with it for a few days as i had the temp hosting for a month anyway, before i migrated all clients too it and i just wish i had done this earlier as its the best move i made. even managed to get some of the clients back that i had lost.

So a VPS is the best option over a reseller account

I think you guys took the discussion into a completely different direction.

The OP didn't ask whether reseller hosting was a good way to start in the hositng business with. He asked whether it was worth still offering reseller hosting as a service to clients, with VPS and cloud hosting becoming more widespread and also more affordable.

On that I agree with ExonHost that reseller hosting is still a good offer to make to clients because a VPS operates differently from a reseller account, and likely require more technical knowledge. As a client, I want the simplest way possible to take a website online. A simple reseller would appear more user-friendly that way.

The OP didn't ask whether reseller hosting was a good way to start in the hositng business with. He asked whether it was worth still offering reseller hosting as a service to clients, with VPS and cloud hosting becoming more widespread and also more affordable.
yes which i was explaining how it is worth for starting up.

yes VPS and cloud are becoming more affordable, but look how hosting has developed.

we once had

shared
reseller
master reseller
and then alpha reseller

all these were the affordable options

then we have

VPS
Dedicated servers

which were way out of reach for a majority of small hosts.

then cloud appeared and master reseller and alpha resellers seem to have faded away

now affordable options are

shared
reseller
cloud
VPS

Use low cost Managed VPS that comes with cPanel/WHM Panel and if you face any issued your hosting provider will help you more in resolving them, as well as if you want to resell there services they you can also sell them

I see everyone doing off topic here. He didn't ask recommendation for reseller hosting. OP just asked offering reseller hosting to customer is worth or not. Is there any potentially on selling reseller hositng.

I see everyone doing off topic here. He didn't ask recommendation for reseller hosting. OP just asked offering reseller hosting to customer is worth or not. Is there any potentially on selling reseller hositng.

and the answer is YES, but then move upto a VPS as business grows.

Ohh and I should also add that today a client is a shared reseller client tomorrow he is a vps client and the other day he is a dedicated client. Is it worth it?? The answer is in your eyes.

Rather than have redundant servers, you would better offer reseller hosting. Does that answer the question?

as i stated earlier reseller hosting is profitable and is a good way to build up a clientbase and a reputation.

Eventually you will outgrow a reseller plan, so then you have 2 options

1) upgrade the reseller
2) go for a managed VPS

so providers will rather have you go for a VPS rather then upgraded a reseller account

as i stated earlier reseller hosting is profitable and is a good way to build up a clientbase and a reputation.

Eventually you will outgrow a reseller plan, so then you have 2 options

1) upgrade the reseller
2) go for a managed VPS

so providers will rather have you go for a VPS rather then upgraded a reseller account

I agree that is why I made an addition up before your comment.