Pro design

mslsitesg

Hey people I'd like to ask a simple question that might not be so easy to answer. So here goes - When visiting a website what do you consider a very obvious sign that makes the design seem unprofessional?
Or what specific aspects do you think make a website seem more professional?
I know there will be no clear correct answer but I'd like to hear about your opinions.

I would say

1) How the logo looks
2) Does the text contain spelling mistakes
3) If they list an Announcement and Knowledgebase page, but these are empty
4) If they still have areas of 'Lorem Ipsum' text
5) Social Media links that lead nowhere

You need to have a unique theme and design that shows clear and appealing elements. The website should be responsive in mobile devices and use very readable fonts.

One of the latest standards in HTML and CSS design currently is the Bootstrap framework. You should at least use a website theme that employs Bootstrap as a framework to ensure responsiveness and optimal spacing among the text and graphics.

Use a vector image as a logo that will render sharply at any size and eliminate distortion and blurriness of the logo.

A lot of users prefer a sticky navigation menu at the top of the pages that allow easier browsing between the main links of the site. The absence of a sticky menu can present an impedance of the free flow of users around your site.

You should have as much company information in the footer or header of the site as possible such as address, phone number, contact email, etc. as this will help to build trust between the customer and your company.

Lastly it is important to shoppers in the hosting industry to see that your company has a strong understanding of the terminology, language and processes of web hosting services and resources. So be sure to display as much technical specifics of your services on the home page that will assure the customer that your company can fulfill the special needs of the clients.

In summary, you will need to leave a very professional impression on potential customers with an attractive website that looks modern and detailed to increase sales.

Man Ive written a article on this.

The answer is this : It depends on your clients.
Many people forget that hen we design websites we design for the end user. Some people like long form in detail details about products and services with spec sheets and all the bells and whistles.

Other just want to know the basics, some dont even bother with a portfolio ( I've seen this on analytics ) and just want a price.

Hence a website might seem amateur to one eye ( not enough information ) but maybe that website was tailored to the user that wants a quick answer.

You want to know if a website is a good design. Look at its conversion %.