Php related issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegas

Account Disabled
Hello can any version of PHP allow you to view your files the same way?
since as it might appear to be diferent php versions that render diferent mysql version can cause damage on your php files web view

Hi,

If you do not have a proper handler, then it may show the original codes or even give it for download.

I would still like you to rephrase the original question with any reference to the what exactly is the issue with the PHP..

Every version of PHP can allow you view your files BUT may you describe the problem you are having a bit further because its not clear what you meant in that post

i get error 500 ,my backup had php 5.2 when restored on kloxo MR,it didnt work on php files maybe it is the fact it can only carry 53 54 and 55m php

Hello anybody that can bring the actual php.ini of php 5.2.17 most appreciated it will be if you can bring a copy of the original file

If you're planning on using a server running 5.2.17 you're in for a world of hurt. That's from 2011.

What is it that you're trying to do? Restore an old site and get it to run on a new server? If so, there are a lot of things that have been depreciated in PHP over the years and the chances that something written in 5.2.x will work on a 5.5.x or 5.6 or 7.x is very close to ZERO.

We're actually doing a rebuild of a website for a client who was running on an older version of MySQL and their programming no longer works. The reason is that MySQL changed the calls and now MySQLi is used - and while all the same code exists, the order of even the connect statement is different.

MYSQL
mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password);
mysql_select_db($dbname);

MYSQLi
mysqli_connect($host, $username, $password, dbname);

It's a subtle change, but just that alone will make nothing work.

I would highly advise against resurecting a website from the past.

too many people just wont upgrade etc. as they thing well if it is not broken then why fix it, but version are updated for many reason and one is security while older versions no longer get security patches as they become EOL which puts the whole server at risk.

I got rid o freakin kloxo u know ,now I running out wild and free like a white horse on the jungle ,Im using no darn panel at all for whatsoever and thanks to God I get no longer the 500 error on my index.php ,it is actually showing up with all of the colors and design as the good ol days yes seatting on an opened air taking some coffee watching people go by talking with a friend.Now the issue relies on how my php scripts relate to mySQL databases since it seems there is no communication since mysqld dont restart ,I guess I need to enable mySQL user and Im having some trouble finding out how thank you very much for reading me God always helps me and Im getting over it,with difficulties but getting over it

uhhh

Period? (It's the little dot on a keyboard)

Paragraph Structure.

Coherent Sentence.

Sorry dude, I can't make out what you're talking about other than *OUR* help is not needed, as *GOD* is going to give you the answers to your programming needs.

Best of luck!

I got rid o freakin kloxo u know ,now I running out wild and free like a white horse on the jungle ,Im using no darn panel at all for whatsoever and thanks to God I get no longer the 500 error on my index.php ,it is actually showing up with all of the colors and design as the good ol days yes seatting on an opened air taking some coffee watching people go by talking with a friend.Now the issue relies on how my php scripts relate to mySQL databases since it seems there is no communication since mysqld dont restart ,I guess I need to enable mySQL user and Im having some trouble finding out how thank you very much for reading me God always helps me and Im getting over it,with difficulties but getting over it
Love the color commentary. White horses running wild and free in the jungle, sitting in the open air drinking coffee watching people pass by while talking with a friend. Now that's web hosting done the right way. Let us know how you resolve your latest mySQL issue.

I can't make out what you're talking about other than *OUR* help is not needed, as *GOD* is going to give you the answers

You can make with your criteria anything of my words as well as easyhostmedia dude
tough I would be dumb if I said I dont need you or anybody ,I guess you are jelous that Im humble enough to believe in the power of God that sure will help me with my PHP endevours and mySQL endevours that if in case you want to find out what happened with it you have to relate to my meaning since I very well spoke about my mySQL databases not relating with PHP and you say Im ignoring you or what,now that is a very important issue that you are very welcome to speak about openly as well as how to set a mysql user for root .I said that I get no longer error 500 that is truly related ops meaning and that my index.php is now showing up with all of its colors and glamour ,never meant to offend nobody but I believe is a free forum other wise I would not be posting here.

As is free forum you are also free to ignore my PHP related issues since I dont see nobody explaining why php files load well but scripts dont as per PHP 5.2.71 which I feel like a gem but no one talks about what they think of it,I started up by saying that is a matter of database communication so you cant say Im like troubling you

You can make with your criteria anything of my words as well as easyhostmedia dude
tough I would be dumb if I said I dont need you or anybody ,I guess you are jelous that Im humble enough to believe in the power of God that sure will help me with my PHP endevours and mySQL endevours that if in case you want to find out what happened with it you have to relate to my meaning since I very well spoke about my mySQL databases not relating with PHP and you say Im ignoring you or what,now that is a very important issue that you are very welcome to speak about openly as well as how to set a mysql user for root .I said that I get no longer error 500 that is truly related ops meaning and that my index.php is now showing up with all of its colors and glamour ,never meant to offend nobody but I believe is a free forum other wise I would not be posting here.

As is free forum you are also free to ignore my PHP related issues since I dont see nobody explaining why php files load well but scripts dont as per PHP 5.2.71 which I feel like a gem but no one talks about what they think of it,I started up by saying that is a matter of database communication so you cant say Im like troubling you

but this thread is about PHP issues and not mySQL

And now you come to me saying that mySQL dont relate at all with PHP?,it is very good you got the guts to sustain that here

All I can see is that you are completely off track. And unfortunately, I can't be of much help to you as all your words are strung together. I am attempting to do my best given the information you have provided, but if you take the time to use a period and a structured sentence, this process would go so much easier.

As far as being jealous. That's laughable, but then you don't know me, so I encourage you to keep your thoughts to yourself. I will however remind you that I have provided quite a bit of help over the past few years to you specifically, both via the forums and via private message, but if you fail to remember my name, I guess I was just used for my knowledge.

I reported what I read and that was that you didn't need our help and God was going to sort it out for you. If I interpreted that incorrectly, then it was likely due to your lack a period between structured sentences.

With regards to nobody explaining why PHP files load well, this was documented in my previous postings. If you are using code from a different version of PHP than that which is installed on the server then it will error.

Similarly, MySQL will do the same. There were MAJOR restructures in PHP which will directly affect how files, scripts, and connections work.

MySQL also went through a pretty extensive overhaul, and this too could be a reason why your scripts are not working.

Yes but you guys are stating here in very macho way that mySQL dont relate at all to each other with PHP and many weird things like If I was fighting you for being envious of me and I just meant being jelous of me being humble and believe in the power of God which necessary dont mean you are worth less but take it however you want.

As for relates of being my side man in the past I pretty much thank you you know that you are my kind of guy and this thing of PHP it was a living nightmare because my html area was built using kloxo backups with old kloxo 32 bit ,that was put out of the air and replaced by KloxoMR thing that was just like a terrorist attack because backups didnt work because of PHP since its creator Mustafa Ramadan didnt make it compatible with old kloxo so and more than anything if you wanted to set kloxo to work with php 5.2.17 it didnt allow you.

I overcame all that my index.php giving 500 error and even to the fact that I wear no panel anymore and my index.php loads well,the problem is that my mySQL databases dont connect to my PHP scripts and just coding appears .Well I had to do bunch of dirty work and delete tons of stuff because you can not expect and older version of PHP to work if you still have stuff from newer versions and also the mySQL versions cant relate from newer PHP and finally your apache version has also to match or whatever you used to bring light home but in the end all is configuration matter even if you get pissed the hell out to me

Last edited:
Yes but you guys are stating here in very macho way that mySQL dont relate at all to each other with PHP and many weird things like If I was fighting you for being envious of me and I just meant being jelous of me being humble and believe in the power of God which necessary dont mean you are worth less but take it however you want.

As for relates of being my side man in the past I pretty much thank you you know that you are my kind of guy and this thing of PHP it was a living nightmare because my html area was built using kloxo backups with old kloxo 32 bit ,that was put out of the air and replaced by KloxoMR thing that was just like a terrorist attack because backups didnt work because of PHP since its creator Mustafa Ramadan didnt make it compatible with old kloxo so and more than anything if you wanted to set kloxo to work with php 5.2.17 it didnt allow you.

I overcame all that my index.php giving 500 error and even to the fact that I wear no panel anymore and my index.php loads well,the problem is that my mySQL databases dont connect to my PHP scripts and just coding appears .Well I had to do bunch of dirty work and delete tons of stuff because you can not expect and older version of PHP to work if you still have stuff from newer versions and also the mySQL versions cant relate from newer PHP and finally your apache version has also to match or whatever you used to bring light home but in the end all is configuration matter even if you get pissed the hell out to me

no one getting at you

mySQL (database) and PHP (general-purpose scripting language) are 2 different things

yes if a mySQL database was written in PHP 5.4 and your server is using PHP 5.6 they the Database will not work as the language algorithm is different.

yes building a site is old framework will never work in new framework.

Kloxo remained the same for many years, but when the developer died and it was sold on the new owners redesigned the whole framework as the old framework was full of issues as it had not been updated in many years.

Can I ask you "How much time, effort & money" has running a free panel cost you?"

Unless you know the answers to the questions you are asking here, you should be questioning whether running a hosting company on a free panel is a good idea.

If you know the basics and don't know how to do all of the administration, this is where a paid for panel comes in.
  • They do all of the work.
  • Release incremental updates often.
  • Offer support when it all goes wrong.

I don't know the full story here, maybe you only host your own sites, but usually if a customer is down for a significant portion of 24 hours and they don't have too many sites to think about moving they are a lost customer, especially if they are on a monthly contract.

Hosts will tell you that customers are hard fought for and easily lost.

We started out doing everything free in 1999 thought Open Source was great. Why pay for anything?
As you scale you realise it's all about the quality and reproducibility, as you won't have the time to constantly fiddle.

I shudder at the thought of hosting without a panel if you are multitenant.

This wouldn't have happened with CPanel or DirectAdmin which would cost from $5 to $15 a month for a VPS.

Have a think about the time and money this has cost.
I know these words don't help you now, but think about the next time this will happen, and without a panel, it's likely something will happen again at some point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.