OVH ignore spam reports

easyhostmedia

In my opinion OVH actually pay spammers to send spam.

I cannot think of any other reason as to why they ignore spam reports from Spamcop and Spamhaus other that they are 100% responsible for sending the spam.

The reason for this is that i am constantly getting spam from the same IPs on the OVH network, which would indicate they are ignoring spam reports and why do this, they know exactly what they are doing

OVH is very strict on spam, as a host who uses OVH cloud infrastructure for my main servers (not VPSs) we have to be careful, as OVH actually block outgoing/incoming traffic on IPs they find sending spam.

Because of this, we have to have good reporting on these things to ensure that we catch spammers before they do.

That said, each customer has their own IP, so that they don't mess each other up. But too many issues in the same subnet causes everyone issues.

Once OVH blocks an IP, they will not release it until it's removed from any RBLs it gets listed on.

We've not had any problems recently, but back in the day, before all the tech we have now, and shared users on IPs, we discovered just how proactive OVH are.

They just have large market share of customers, as a percentage of customers with issues, I bet it lower than you think.

OVH is very strict on spam, as a host who uses OVH cloud infrastructure for my main servers (not VPSs) we have to be careful, as OVH actually block outgoing/incoming traffic on IPs they find sending spam.

Because of this, we have to have good reporting on these things to ensure that we catch spammers before they do.

That said, each customer has their own IP, so that they don't mess each other up. But too many issues in the same subnet causes everyone issues.

Once OVH blocks an IP, they will not release it until it's removed from any RBLs it gets listed on.

We've not had any problems recently, but back in the day, before all the tech we have now, and shared users on IPs, we discovered just how proactive OVH are.

They just have large market share of customers, as a percentage of customers with issues, I bet it lower than you think.

well they seems to ignore my spam reports and that of spamcop as upto 6 spam emails a day from same subnet and each one is reported

Unfortunately, there are a lot of negative reviews on OVH. If you have a serious business and do not tolerate interruptions in work for a couple of weeks - never deal with OVH.COM

Got email from them telling me to stop sending emails to their abuse address.
well i am afraid as long as they pay spammers to send spam to me then i will keep reporting their spam to their abuse team and spamcop.

If not then i can easily report them to UK authorities and have them banned in the UK

The only good thing about OVH is their DDOS protection. Support is worst and pricing is not low end at all.

OVH has many great features. Their lowest hosting level is a regular or cloud based VPS solution. It is priced in line with most companies shared hosting options, but you'll have the added power of the VPS, which is nice. The cloud VPS is slightly more expensive, but still a good deal.

OVH has many great features. Their lowest hosting level is a regular or cloud based VPS solution. It is priced in line with most companies shared hosting options, but you'll have the added power of the VPS, which is nice. The cloud VPS is slightly more expensive, but still a good deal.

but they need to employ staff that comply to spam reports regardless of their service.
Ignoring spam reports will only point then finger to them for being part of the spam

Never had issues with OVH, so far...

Even though I have 3 servers with them.

Its not their service that is the issue, it is their clear ignorance of spam issues sent through their network.

It is simple that once you get a spam report (email with full headers) you act upon them and inform the client/clients associated with that IP instance and then if over months spam reports still come from that I then you remove the clients sending the spam.

But in OVH case they just think the best action is to ignore spam reports in then hope they will go away.

Then the question arises to why are they ignoring these spam reports -

1) Is it because they are the ones responsible for sending the spam.

2) The spammers have several servers with them and are spending serious amounts of money that they dont want to lose the revenue

Its not their service that is the issue, it is their clear ignorance of spam issues sent through their network.

It is simple that once you get a spam report (email with full headers) you act upon them and inform the client/clients associated with that IP instance and then if over months spam reports still come from that I then you remove the clients sending the spam.

But in OVH case they just think the best action is to ignore spam reports in then hope they will go away.

Then the question arises to why are they ignoring these spam reports -

1) Is it because they are the ones responsible for sending the spam.

2) The spammers have several servers with them and are spending serious amounts of money that they dont want to lose the revenue

We've used OVH for years and the problem isn't that OVH ignores abuse in any way (quite the opposite actually).

The issue is they're a budget provider that makes it easy to request additional IP addresses.

So combine the low cost and easy access to additional IP's and easily attracts the abusers/spammers.

We've used OVH for years and the problem isn't that OVH ignores abuse in any way (quite the opposite actually).

The issue is they're a budget provider that makes it easy to request additional IP addresses.

So combine the low cost and easy access to additional IP's and easily attracts the abusers/spammers.

Spam over months and months using same IPs with same content is a sign they are ignoring spam reports.

so they should be doing more to prevent this as all that will happen is they get their IPs banned ion certain countries and once this happens other countries would soon follow suit.

We use OVH For our cPanel hosting servers. We have never had any issues. The only thing that kinda sucks. There is no 24/7 support for US Clients. I have no idea why they can't offer that. They are a huge company.