Nominet

Forum4Hosts-Jo

Do you think it is worth paying for a nominet account £400 setup and £100 a year. I ask because ive had a couple of people now whos domain registrars wont change the nameservers, they insist on changing the IPS tag too.
The latest one I have transferred to 123-reg because they are doing free transfer in at the moment.
Ive also spoken to the owner of the server i use and he says i can use his IPS tag, of course they would pay him for thedomain rather than me, but with only a few domains its not going to make me bankrupt.
What do you think is the best way to do it?

dont forget to take into account there is also a min of £500 to setup a credit with nominet to instantly register domains. unless your going to be doing 2000 odd domains per year, i would stick with 123reg / ukreg :)

Sorry Andrew but got to point out that Jo's figures are correct.

One Off Joining Fee to become a member = £400
Annual Subscription = £100
Becoming a Tag Holder = Free (but you need to get a credit account with Nominet so they will need to get some trade references from you).

Basically you CAN get a Nominet TAG without becoming a member but domains then cost the full £80.... if you are transferring domains in for example.... you wouldn't have to pay for them until renewal was due, but then they would charge the full £80, at which point it makes more sense to become a member and get them for £2.50 / year.

I think you may have confused "min £500 credit". That means, Nominet give YOU a £500 credit facility.... so you can register up to £500 worth of domains within one billing period. Not the other way round.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jean_garcia2