Mailing issue is resolved. SSL certificate is added.

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Dear HDers,

It is with pleasure that I announce that one annoying issue we've been dealing with and one overdue task on our to-do list have been resolved.

1. The mail server is now sending out emails again. If you were not receiving notification email(s) on sign-up, password reset or thread subscription(s) - that should all work properly now.

2. The forum is now running with an SSL certificate installed.

I need to thank one awesome member in particular who assisted me with the above tasks - Boxne. I've met Chris only recently - as a result of issue #1 in fact - and we got to talking about a number of things. Turned out Chris is a Tier 3 system administrator, and a genius at that, so he kindly volunteered to help out.

He guided me through all the steps involved, took complete charge and 8 seconds later... :D Seriously though, this is one of those times that I have also learned something new, because Chris has spent his time explaining this stuff to me as well. Now, I am not sure if he offers his system admin service outside of his own business, but his clients are lucky people because he certainly impressed me with his knowledge, skill and desire to describe everything in the language I could understand. So, how about a round of applause for Boxne! :thumbup:

I am just happy that this stuff is over with and now I can focus my attention on the biggest task of all - the big migration to XenForo. :cool:

Stay tuned.

Artashes

Hi Artashes & Community,

It's been a pleasure working with Artashes as always and helping the Hosting Discussion Community. I don't particularly offer System Administration support outside of my business, although i'm willing to help anyone and everyone, just drop me a private message. I hope to create a long term relationship here at Hosting Discussion!

Thank you for the opportunity!

Your Friend,
Chris Robinson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode