Looking for high storage dedicated server in EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeHostBee

Hi

I am looking for dedicated server with following specs in EU, my budget is around 100-120$ usd/mo.

1. CPU - Intel/AMD quad core
2. RAM - 8 GB minimum
3. DISK - 10 to 12 TB
4. PORT - 100 Mbps un-metered preferred.

Other requirements would be standard KVM/IPMI access, Linux O/S etc. Someone previously guided me that I require a raid controller otherwise over system with that much disc would be slow like snail. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Big Thanks in advance.

Hi @CrazeHostBee, it is very, very unlikely to find a dedicated server with 10TB storage for $100 - $120 per month... and you'd not even think to add 100 Mbps unmetered at this price. I know there are some companies that sell for "cents", but it doesn't worth to discuss services of peer quality, does it?

Hello CrazeHostBee, can you please let us know if you are looking for recommendations OR actual offers?

The reason I am asking is because if you are looking for direct offers from companies, then I will have to move your thread to the Web Hosting Requests Marketplace forum, as companies are prohibited to solicit their services outside of it (be it via a post or a private message).

However, if you are looking for recommendations, then your thread is safe here (in which case please report any company that will contact you with an offer as it is strictly against the HostingDiscussion.com rules).

Well, your requirements are high but your budget is to low in this regard. You should get a VPS hosting plan in this budget, but with your specification and budget the hunt of a dedicated hosting plan is quite difficult.

I know one place where you can get those but such places will be having no proper support, some times old hardware parts etc or when it goes down, it can be down for hours or days. That is the only issue with low end ones.

You can check http://wholesaleinternet.net/ for dedicated servers and you can get servers almost near to your requirement even under $100. I have actually used them many times for study purpose and normally never advise any one to take them for production servers. Recent one was when I took for studying kuberdoc.

So purpose matters a lot in this case. If reliability and downtime is not a matter for you, then you can really use them as they are really cheaper ones.

Last edited:
Hi

I am looking for dedicated server with following specs in EU, my budget is around 100-120$ usd/mo.

1. CPU - Intel/AMD quad core
2. RAM - 8 GB minimum
3. DISK - 10 to 12 TB
4. PORT - 100 Mbps un-metered preferred.

Other requirements would be standard KVM/IPMI access, Linux O/S etc. Someone previously guided me that I require a raid controller otherwise over system with that much disc would be slow like snail. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Big Thanks in advance.

Looking at your hardware requirements and the budget you can easily get the server however but with limited bandwidth , if you are looking for unmetered bandwidth you will have to increase the budget. A leaseweb reseller can offer you such configuration.

You can get what you need (max 10 TB) but not at the budget you mentioned. Do you need them RAIDED and why so much space? If it's only for the backups, look into a cloud storage solution - For hosting, you might want more than 8 GB.

Your budget sounds very reasonable, you can directly go to OVH/online.net and grab one, you might indeed need a RAID controller but keep in mind if you want both data safety and IO speed, you need at least 4 hard drives working as RAID10.

The forum has branches with commercial offers for dedicated servers. You can negotiate a free test. Check equipment usage statistics is very easy <URL snipped> There are instructions and necessary tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.