IPv4

Gamer787

Looking to purchase a larger IPv4 block, having a really difficult time finding out how to go about this. Would really appreciate some help. :confused:

If you need such a large range, you should get in contact directly with Ripe/Arin/etc , become a LIR (they will provide a /22) but to get more you will have to give them a very good justification/

If you need such a large range, you should get in contact directly with Ripe/Arin/etc , become a LIR (they will provide a /22) but to get more you will have to give them a very good justification/

becoming and LIR is not cheap

RIPE NCC members pay a membership fee every year. For 2018, this fee is EUR 1,400. This is charged on a pro rata basis for new member. New members also pay a sign-up fee, which is currently EUR 2,000. Members can have more than one LIR account, but they must pay the membership and sign-up fee for each LIR account. There is a separate charge of EUR 50 per independent assignment.

Neither is buying a /19 ..

The average price per ip is $15 x 8190 = $122,850

Average price of an iPv4 IP is $1.50 and not $15 so $1.50 a month x 8190 is $12,285 per month or $147,420 per year.

but yes anyone will want strong justification to why you want so many IPs. I dont think any host even big boys will be able to give you that many IPs

Average price of an iPv4 IP is $1.50 and not $15 so $1.50 a month x 8190 is $12,285 per month or $147,420 per year.

but yes anyone will want strong justification to why you want so many IPs. I dont think any host even big boys will be able to give you that many IPs

What you are saying it's the average price for renting the ip, not for buying.

We recently applied with APNIC and got a /22 and they are saying they are distributing their last /8 so they are very strict with giving IP, I'm sure same is the case with RIPE, so it will be very difficult to get IP directly from RIPE or APNIC (ARINE is already out of IP) but you can still apply in the waiting list and may be you will get lucky and get IP

We recently applied with APNIC and got a /22 and they are saying they are distributing their last /8 so they are very strict with giving IP, I'm sure same is the case with RIPE, so it will be very difficult to get IP directly from RIPE or APNIC (ARINE is already out of IP) but you can still apply in the waiting list and may be you will get lucky and get IP

IPv4 IPs have been on the short list for a few years now, this is why a lot of hosts are charging high for them and why SNI was introduced, so you no longer need a dedicated IPv4 IP to get and SSL cert.

First of all, get yourself a RIPE LIR account. You'll get a /22 for now and up to /29 ipv6. If you still need more IPs, you can use RIPE's listing service and buy from other lirs (currently the ips are very expensive).

You need to contact hosting service provider and have to do RIPE verification to get IPv4 addresses as per your need.