ICANN accreditation

Yes, I will avoid purchasing domain from non ICANN Accredited registrar.

Its a really bad to purchase domain from non-accredited because they can go away or steal domain.

Its a really bad to purchase domain from non-accredited because they can go away or steal domain.

well even being ICANN accredited does not stop them going away and stealing your domain and if you think ICANN will help then you are mistaken as they will just give you details of their agents who will request on average $1200 to dispute a domain.

also some registrars are Nominet Accredited, so are then also going to go away or steal your domain.

I agree with easyhostmedia but at least if they are accredited you still have a better chance that they won't leave you high and dry.

I agree with easyhostmedia but at least if they are accredited you still have a better chance that they won't leave you high and dry.

but to get accredited all you need to to pay a fee to them and agree to their agreement and for that you can place a badge on your site. It does not guarantee anything, just like someone setting up an Ltd or LLS and then taking you money and then dissolving the company and setting up again under a different name.

ICANN and Nominet dont care as long as you pay the fee as if they did care why if you dispute anything they palm you off on an agent who demands $1500.
so if someone steals your $11 domain, would you pay $1500 to get it back.

It is in the future but more when we are a very very large business I guess it is an added extra to shout about to clients.

Yes, I will avoid purchasing domain from non ICANN Accredited registrar.
Once you pay the fees you get accredited there is very little that ICANN can do with accredited members that it can not do with non accredited ones. So accreditation is never going to stop one from running or stealing your domain. The only thing here is if a company can pay the fees then its probably big enough not to want to steal from you which as we all know isnt 100% guaranteed

Im the only one here that old to remember when netsol, tucows, and many other big and accredited registrars were doing a user life a pain when they were asking to transfer a domain? I have been many many...maaanyyy years in this business and the only way is go with medium and also small registrars if you want security, a big company dont care unless you sue them, a medium company managed by owners that also reply you when you ask for support take care of they users as they pay they bills from that income so they will not be that dumb to kick you or give you headaches nor start a legal problem.

Im the only one here that old to remember when netsol, tucows, and many other big and accredited registrars were doing a user life a pain when they were asking to transfer a domain?

I guess am also old enough (OUCHH) I too remember that mate. Like I said Up accreditation is not a water tight test for doggy practices its just a show of "We are big enough to pat the dues"

All ICANN accreditation and Nominet accreditation means is you pay them a fee and agree to adhere to their agreements, get your own ISPTAG and you get access to their systems so you can get TLDs direct from them rather than from other registrars.

It does not mean whoever has the accreditation will not decide to run off with your money and do a vanishing act.

All ICANN accreditation and Nominet accreditation means is you pay them a fee and agree to adhere to their agreements, get your own ISPTAG and you get access to their systems so you can get TLDs direct from them rather than from other registrars.

It does not mean whoever has the accreditation will not decide to run off with your money and do a vanishing act.

My point exactly

My point exactly

I found it would be far too expensive anyway as get ICANN accreditation is fine, but you wont be able to offer .uk TLDS, so you need to also get Nominet accreditation.

And the cost to do this just to save a few $ on domain prices is just not worth it unless you sell thousands of domains

You need to have minimum registered domains in order to cover the cost that you payment to ICANN monthly. Nobody will go and apply if if your volume of your domains is not big enough.

As long as you trust the hosting provide, it does not matter whether they are ICANNA accreditation.

By The Way even the non accredited registrars are reselling for accredited sellers and they must abide by the TOS of the accredited wholeseler after all.

my boss company actually considering to apply to become accredited registrar, but after calculate, the cost per domain is still higher that what he get now. end up, he give up the idea. have to wait for larger volume before re-consider.

I highly avoid non ICANN Accredited registrar whatever the price is.
ICANN Accredited registrar is must for domain registration.

I highly avoid non ICANN Accredited registrar whatever the price is.
ICANN Accredited registrar is must for domain registration.

does that mean people should avoid getting domains from you as you are not an ICANN Accredited registrar but offer domains

many hosts do as i do.

i sell domains but i an not and ICANN Accredited registrar, but i resell through resellerclub and namecheap which are ICANN Accredited registrars

If your company is selling domain as main product...you NEED the icann accreditation...you can't be only a reseller, is not professional.

If your company is selling domain as main product...you NEED the icann accreditation...you can't be only a reseller, is not professional.

nothing saying you need to be ICANN accreditation. this will depend on volume you sell.

Also nothing to say you can just set up a domain only business and just resell domains.

you can resell from enom, directi, resellerclub and all these have ICANN accreditation and Nominet accreditation