How effective are these HD offers that are even more than the topics here?

cheapdedicated

I see hosting vendors posting in the offer section. I have personally been reluctant but someone tell me how effective are these offers in terms of turning into real sales.

That would certainly be interesting to hear for me as well. However, keep in mind that the marketplace section is free and serves as a value-added to the community, and often it is difficult to put real numbers or talk about "return" on something that hasn't cost you. Another observation is that advertising sections on forums are always popular, supporting the assumption that most consider it either valuable and/or effective to keep posting offers.

As for me, our marketplace here is the ONLY resource I go to when I shop either for myself or my friends looking for hosting. Looking at members' activity beyond the marketplace helps tremendously (I am more trustful towards them), but having a special deal/offer on top of that is always a treat.

So yes, having a presence in the marketplace is always a good thing. Unless you are talking specifically about reselling offers.

Truthfully, I think it's a combination of the know, like and trust factors you develop by participating in forum discussions AND your advertisements in the Marketplace forum.

I participate on a lot of forums, including Hosting Discussion, and I know over the years that my sites get a ton of visitors from my signatures. I know I got a visit from a thread I posted on here just last week from something I wrote in 2009.

Ads, for the most part, are simply specs and pricing, with a dash of infrastructure info and promos. Prospects understand that for what it is - marketing.

Combined with how you respond to threads - do you sound professional, do you sound like you know the industry and so on - puts a positive spin on a prospect's buying decision.

Truthfully, I think it's a combination of the know, like and trust factors you develop by participating in forum discussions AND your advertisements in the Marketplace forum.

I participate on a lot of forums, including Hosting Discussion, and I know over the years that my sites get a ton of visitors from my signatures. I know I got a visit from a thread I posted on here just last week from something I wrote in 2009.

Ads, for the most part, are simply specs and pricing, with a dash of infrastructure info and promos. Prospects understand that for what it is - marketing.

Combined with how you respond to threads - do you sound professional, do you sound like you know the industry and so on - puts a positive spin on a prospect's buying decision.

Good information I do have to agree on your points of being involved to serve as further "proof" that you are a provider that they are looking for when they see your quality replies on the discussion forums. As well as displaying if you do it often enough that your are an activity being involved in the community.

I know I got a visit from a thread I posted on here just last week from something I wrote in 2009.

I must agree that while I do not post adverts here (I posted once as at trial) I have actually gotten some business here from my posts and responses. I remember helping someone integrate wordpress with shoutcast stream and I got four radio stations ordering for our stream service what I doubt in terms of effectiveness is those numerous offers I see. They must have very minimal return LOL

These advertisement posts can turn into sales I believe. However, I am no expecting too much. We post some of our promotions on some popular web hosting and web mastering forums. When we check the analytics, we see a few successful purchases from these advertisement forum referrals. However, as I said above, not much. Never more than 10 in a week.

Hello.

Well we posts on about many forums and except few I dont think most of them are effective as there is no proper moderation and full of spam. But few that are properly moderated offers good results, including HD.

In the long run, if you enjoy posting on a certain forum, those are the ones who would send you the most traffic :)

Last edited:
When we check the analytics, we see a few successful purchases from these advertisement forum referrals. However, as I said above, not much. Never more than 10 in a week.

I would say that is already too much for a free forum. Even paid adverts may not bring you 10 clients a week

These advertisement posts can turn into sales I believe. However, I am no expecting too much. We post some of our promotions on some popular web hosting and web mastering forums. When we check the analytics, we see a few successful purchases from these advertisement forum referrals. However, as I said above, not much. Never more than 10 in a week.

:uhh: I am guessing you mean 10 in total and not from one advertisement post in particular (One forum post)

:uhh: I am guessing you mean 10 in total and not from one advertisement post in particular (One forum post)

This made me laugh. Often we expect too much from communities we participate in. Forums like HD always help a provider gain traffic and a few clients, once in a while.

This made me laugh. Often we expect too much from communities we participate in. Forums like HD always help a provider gain traffic and a few clients, once in a while.

10 clients a week from one single community would be impossible. If it were possible that community would turn you into a millionare in a few years LOL. Communities do help to increase traffic and a few sales but not that big

10 clients a week from one single community would be impossible. If it were possible that community would turn you into a millionare in a few years LOL. Communities do help to increase traffic and a few sales but not that big

LOL. Yes, a host who depends on much on communities will most likely see hurdles more often than the hosts who don't. To me, communities are addons :D

But yes, the clients we get from communities requires less support than the others. So, that makes the bonus and often allows us to offer huge discounts to community users.

Yes. except WHT, it can easily give you more than that with few sticky offers (paid).