HostingDiscussion Suggestion

VimlyHost

Hello,

Can we get a hosting listings page, that's just a table?

For example, if I want a reseller I'd like the list of providers that offer it here, as on google and else where you rarely find small providers and sometimes the hosting offers are to detailed and people just want the site link.

I'd suggest the following sections;

Provider, Services, Website, Owner (If different), Feedback (Links to Posts),

It'd be up to you if you auto submit hosts, or you require them to fill in a little more info in profiles to be listed.

- Kieran

I like structure and organized information in general, and we have something similar in the works.

Other than that, those looking for a reseller provider, they can always browse the reseller hosting offers: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/reseller-hosting-offers/

A listing page of reseller providers will not do that much good if you can't really see what they offer, while an active marketplace dedicated to reselling will actually give you the latest and freshest deals from active hosting companies.

I like structure and organized information in general, and we have something similar in the works.

Other than that, those looking for a reseller provider, they can always browse the reseller hosting offers: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/reseller-hosting-offers/

A listing page of reseller providers will not do that much good if you can't really see what they offer, while an active marketplace dedicated to reselling will actually give you the latest and freshest deals from active hosting companies.

Sorry for any confusion. However, I meant that some people may want basic information in a large list of hosting providers of all sizes, as google often fails to help people find smaller hosts.

Furthermore, some smaller hosts may not advertise for one reason or another, for example I provision some paid services, however I don't advertise them at this time.

Furthermore, some smaller hosts may not advertise for one reason or another, for example I provision some paid services, however I don't advertise them at this time.

I am not sure I follow. Do you think you can explain this a bit further?

For example, if I want a reseller I'd like the list of providers that offer it here, as on google and else where you rarely find small providers and sometimes the hosting offers are to detailed and people just want the site link.

You do know why you never see small hosts on these lists and most top 10 lists.
The reason is all these hosts pay to be on these lists and the more money they pay the higher up the list they appear

You do know why you never see small hosts on these lists and most top 10 lists.
The reason is all these hosts pay to be on these lists and the more money they pay the higher up the list they appear
Correction: these hosts don't pay directly for "top 10" listings, but they end up on them because they pay the highest commissions and "top 10" webmasters place them on these lists.

What's most embarrassing is when you see hosting directories that collect reviews for hundreds and thousands of companies, yet they still push the same 5-10 highest-commission companies up front as ones that miraculously have the best reviews/scores.