HostingDiscussion has a new server!

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Dear HDers,

I have exciting news. If you took notice how lightning fast HostingDiscussion.com has been over the past month, it is because we have a brand new technology partner and a brand new powerful server from www.iozoom.com

I have been quietly looking for a new community partner for a few months now. Naturally I reached out to our client base and very quickly gathered close to 20 excellent companies willing to sponsor the community and any future development. It took me weeks of back in forth to narrow down the search to just a few firms that represented the best fit for us.

So far I am super happy with IOZoom.com service and their proactive management. A really special thank you go to Kiet Duong, CEO of IO Zoom, who has literally been babysitting us throughout the transition and continues to regularly follow up with us. Their techs are awesome and the server... well, the server is an epic improvement compared to what we had, which perfectly positions HostingDiscussion to support coming changes, new media products and continued growth. No longer do we experience slow loading pages and occasional time-out errors (we were coming close to maxing out our previous server's memory). Today we have fast SSD drives and enough RAM to handle anything we could throw at it, and then some.

Here are the basics of our new setup:

Cloud-based VPS
8 GB RAM
100 GB SSD Storage
4 CPU Cores
10 Gb DDoS Protection
Fully Managed
w. Proactive Management
Los-Angeles DC

For other bells and whistles that IO Zoom offers with their Cloud setup, you can check out their page at https://www.iozoom.com/cloud

I am certainly looking forward to work with our new partner, to give them more reasons to be proud of supporting our web hosting community.

Have a great weekend ahead, everyone. :)

Artashes

I too find them quite interesting however I personally don't like how they don't promise any minimal CPU that your allowed to used. As they informed me that the CPU is strictly sold as "shared".

I would much rather get a minimal amount of CPU that allowed to be used then a burst able allotment on top of that.

That is perhaps so, except for me it wasn't a top priority, technically speaking. CPU has never been a concern for HD. Plus, I am certain that if at some point it becomes one, we can upgrade to more cores.

I focused on other more important specs, support for specific development environment, customer service (critical of course), server management, monitoring and response procedures, server security and health assessment policies. For me, the most important of all, is how the company is treating this partnership. I want to feel like they are equally excited about hosting the community. I didn't know Kiet before, but he has been so friendly, communicative and willing to work with us as well that eventually I couldn't resist this kind of attention. And in spite that IO Zoom has been in business for just over 2 years old, Kiet's track record of building and selling a well known brand before gave the peace of mind that you are dealing with experienced management.