.hosting domain zone

It isn't the question of popular, as much as it is a questions of marketing. New gTLDs are not having a too easy of a time getting high rankings from search engines, but on the other hand it provides for a more interesting branding, which contributes to your marketing campaign. MYNAME.hosting certainly sounds cooler than MYNAMEhosting.com or .net, in spite of latter probably getting higher marks in search engines.

Do you see a lot of companies using or switching to .hosting? That probably serves as the answer to your question.

I haven't seen it pick up much myself. I tried on previous website for a client using .gift as the extension for a gifting website however people seemed to not understand the concept unless www. Was put before it.

I think the pure volume of extensions is too much, even an original tld such as .info isn't very popular these days.

all these new TLDs are just good for marketing or used by spammers as i get spammed from .date, .faith, .win, .club and .loan

£42 GBP is kinda pricey. Enom looks $32 USD but the cheapest looks like BigRock.com at $26 USD.

yes thats why i dont offer them

.HOST would cost me GBP 63.19 and then i have to add my profit margin
.HOSTING would cost me GBP 31.99, so £42 to retail would be a price to make a profit.

The .hosting domain zone is somewhat popular with the hosting industry, but I'm not sure as to how popular.

I know another hosting forum I use called ***************** is on the TLD.

My main concern is the expected price hike that's up coming, where the operator wants to charge £300 Per Year for a single .hosting domain.

Simply known as day light robbery, and an easy way to kill off the TLD.

My main concern is the expected price hike that's up coming, where the operator wants to charge £300 Per Year for a single .hosting domain.

Can you reference the story/release where that can be checked out? I am asking because that is a truly extraordinary increase.
Definitely majority of these new gTLDs are struggling to begin with and an increase like that could end it.

Here is an interesting piece of information. Namesilo has recently released their statistics, which would have been a pretty routine update if not for an interesting breakdown of all their names (including new gTLDs) under management.

As of the end of October 2017, there were 1,116,107 domain names registered with Namesilo.

Out of 362 positions, there was not a single .hosting domain registered with them and only 28 .host domains, which places this TLD 253rd on that list.

While popular, Namesilo obviously isn't the size of a giant like GoDaddy that has 73 million domains, but it still gives an indication of .hosting and .host TLD popularity.

I don't appear to be notified of replies by email, which is unfortunate.

Here's the original article : https://domainnamewire.com/2017/03/07/yikes-death-spiral-new-top-level-domain-names/

Yea I noticed .hosting registration fee went up. That's quite incredible, to be honest, considering direct competition from .host and with .com still being the undisputed king.

A lot of the new TLDs are already struggling to attract clients, or to retain them, so to place a hike this big could easily end them (of course owners of premium top keyword names will still keep their names). I'd be very curious to see where .hosting stands today in volume and how this hike will reflect their stats over time.

To begin with, .hosting has around 6000 names registered right now, but the slipper slope down says it all.

https://ntldstats.com/tld/hosting
https://namestat.org/hosting

.hosting is much popular in the hosting industry. There is always struggle to maintain the ranking of the such TLDs but .hosting is very popular in the hosting industry.

Well I have to say I love it because it fits our company name very well. But I wouldn't necessarily want it over a .net for any other reason. We also have absolutehosting.net but absolute.hosting is the primary domain.

Well I have to say I love it because it fits our company name very well.

There! This is one of those use cases that work very well. If your company name is "Some Name Hosting", then SomeName.Hosting does indeed make things a lot easier to remember and access.

As such, for anyone considering going for a new gTLD like that, I would recommend making sure to also own the .com version of the domain, to ensure that your customers will find you no matter what they decide to type into the URL bar.

While .hosting are popular, keep in mind these TLDs were created to target the web hosting market and it's working.

Companies like WHMCS were giving away free .hosting TLD with their packages. I believe the TLD will gain additional traction in the years to come. Although as Artashes says, keep the .com domain as well.

I'm not sure how Google/Bing SEO will work on these gtld. Might be something worth looking into.