Hello from Internxt - Cloud Storage

Internxt

Hello HD,

I am here to represent Internxt, a decentralized, privacy focused cloud hosting service with End-to-End encryption. We are pretty new yet growing steadily specially among users who believes in privacy. We have been advised by some of our loyal users to also join HD. All though we are active on Social Media but never planned to join HD thinking we are not offering web-hosting or related service. But on the other side, it would not be bad to join community from hosting industry like HD, so here we are.

Pretty new here, also want to know how do start interacting with members here to spread word about our Service and actually without breaking any HD rules. Interestingly what we have noticed that there lots of offer section here but not real discussion, how do I find actual discussions ?

Thanks for Reading
Internxt

Hey there, welcome to HD and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I am glad people have urged you to join our community.

Advertising is allowed only under the Marketplace section of the forum. All other sections are reserved for regular discussions, where any form of self-advertising is prohibited.

Internxt looks great. I assume you guys compete directly with the likes of Dropbox, Google Drive, Sugarsync and the rest of the cloud storage field?

Thanks for warm welcome, yes we are trying to compete with those behemoths tech those are gaining by compromising your privacy. Our main offering is Cloud storage service, have added photos and now recently SEND. Will keep adding more value services to our offering.

For the marketplace, I did looked around and also went through rules. But your marketplace is kind of redundant and clustered. If someone wants to find new discussion, its all filed with offer posts. See example here.

1657570850562.png

I think instead of section, have single market place with prefix or tags for offer type. like Shared, Reseller, Co-location or restrict providers to post once every two week. This will help and give room to more dynamic discussion. Right now this community is more acting as classified portal than a discussion forum.

If someone wants to find new discussion, its all filed with offer posts. See example here.
Thank you for raising this concern. It's been long on my mind to do something about bringing natural organic discussion to the forefront of the community.

Your feedback pushed me to actively look for a solution which I hope to reach through votes and ideas in this thread.

To be fair, other web hosting forums are facing the same issue in varying degrees. Getting anyone to discuss anything is like pulling teeth, but I agree the ads are overtaking the forums. Great idea by Artashes to change things up to promote more discussions here.

True, ads are fine but here they over done.
For more organic users, this place need more discussions which in return will also help advertisers when there is more traffic.