FraudRecord?

Hi,

we use it... It very useful to manually review orders. The only problem is that Fraudrecords didn't automaticly check new orders (like maxmind). Everything must be done manually.

Regards,

We use FraudRecord which we have integrated with our billing system to work automatically. We find it very good and enlightening.

By using this before maxmind in the workflow, we can save a few pennies also.

The great thing about fraud record is, however, your ability to pass on knowledge when people do bad things to you. So if someone has defrauded you, you can at least stop them defrauding the next guys.

Most hosts I know use fraud record, so in my mind, if they cheat me they won't get another decent host.

This is good for your good customers as they are not sharing with a bad tenant.

We use maxmind and fraudrecord.

Maxmind is good if orders are placed, but we do get some that will register on your site, but place no order, but you know by the name and the details they provide that they are fake, so these always get checked on fraudrecord and report made, so other are aware.

Fraud record is good thing but manually checking all clients is tough job. It is only good for big sales not every $3 sale.

It is only good for big sales not every $3 sale.

WHY! as fraudsters/spammers will purchase the free or under $5 cheap plans to commit their acts.

Every sale should go through all the security processes no matter if its a free plan or a $200 plan

We find this works great for all services, being able to automate it would be a great option. This works for $3 services and $2000 services.

We find this works great for all services, being able to automate it would be a great option. This works for $3 services and $2000 services.

I dont think it can be fully automated, yes automate basic queries, but for you to add comments then you could not automate that

The WHMCS module for fraudrecord needs a good bit of work, unfortunately. It's not a real 'fraud' module, you have to actually look at the client's report before accepting the order.

The WHMCS module for fraudrecord needs a good bit of work, unfortunately. It's not a real 'fraud' module, you have to actually look at the client's report before accepting the order.

It is a fraud module, but relies on you using it manually by checking users and then adding reports on the user, so goes against WHMCS being a fully automated system

We currently use fraudrecord and maxmind. Just make sure you submit all the variables for better matches. One match doesnt necessary mean it's the customer in question unless it's the email address. But then again fraudsters just create new emails when they register to bypass fraudrecord.

From experience be careful of customers who sign up for many accounts after the first one is activated especially from Brazil.

If they paid with paypal make sure the email on file and the paypal email are an exact match. We usually request CC verification if maxmind is higher than 50.

We do use FraudRecord and couple of other plugins for fraud check. It is manual and this is how fraud checks should be. It does take a lot of time though but worth the hassle saved from after wards.

I use FraudRecord along with Maxmind. I have to say I've been very impressed with FraudRecord, it's a fantastic module although it's manual it only takes 30 seconds to check each order.

+1 for fraudrecord. It's a pretty decent tool to avoid chargebacks and abusive customers. We use it during our order process to check for legit orders!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexander Enrique