Domain Name Availability Lookup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagor

Where do you check for domain name availability? Is it dangerous to search for a name multiple times because I've heard that repeated searches on original ideas are monitored or is this an urban legend?

Where do you check for domain name availability? Is it dangerous to search for a name multiple times because I've heard that repeated searches on original ideas are monitored or is this an urban legend?

I have mixed feelings about that. It maybe jus an urban legend. But I experienced that pretty good domain ideas I checked on Go Daddy were almost always taken on the next day (might be hours).

It is surprising that even Network Solutions practices this. They seems to do it for a good reason but.... Anyway, I think the best place to check availability of a domain name is Whois.

I'm not sure who would be monitoring this and why. There is value to having a good domain name however having a good product/service is much better.
Isn't there some law against registering doamins or holding them to ranson for cash? Might be wrong on that though!

There are no restrictions on multiple domain searches. Any domain registrar will allow you to check domain names on multiple times. I was using checkdomain.com for sometime. But they seem to be getting the information from godaddy.

Most of the time it happens that the domain you searched most of the times are being monitored and being acquired by some other webhosting providers so that they can resell that domain to you at high prices......:agree:

if they are that good then why many posts on WHT about their bad practices and if you google Internet.bs scam you will see many topics on their bad service

Everyone's experience is different and that goes with any product or service. Personally, never had a problem with them. I'm giving my opinion based on MY experience. We have several domains with them. Never an issue over the last 2 years. Not one.

There are many people who have had an issue with Paypal, yet many people still use and recommend them. Would you say the same thing to someone suggesting Paypal based on their experience?

Fact of the matter is, you'll find negative and positive on just about any product or service because a single entity can't possible be right for 100% of the populace.

Many people have complaints about GoDaddy's practices, yet they're still the largest registrar.

Based on MY experience, I wholeheartedly recommend Internet.bs and stand by that recommendation.

It is surprising that even Network Solutions practices this. They seems to do it for a good reason but.... Anyway, I think the best place to check availability of a domain name is Whois.

Hey, your idea is really good, don't go to any domain registrar to check the domain name as they can save your history, so it is good to use whois...

Thanks

Be careful with godaddy, they registered a few domains after I did some searches.

Godaddy will also buy your old domain or back order a soon to be expired domain. Once you forget to renew said domain, Godaddy converts that domain to a premium and tries to sell it back for 3 to 4 times its actual value.

Try a website called http://panabee.com

Be careful with godaddy, they registered a few domains after I did some searches.

Godaddy will also buy your old domain or back order a soon to be expired domain. Once you forget to renew said domain, Godaddy converts that domain to a premium and tries to sell it back for 3 to 4 times its actual value.

Try a website called http://panabee.com

simple solution to that, if the domain is a mission critical domain then set to autorenew and renew for several years

simple solution to that, if the domain is a mission critical domain then set to autorenew and renew for several years

Even though its true (renewing multiple years & set to auto renew) its sad they have this sort of business practice. A lot of people must be trapped into this if they are able to keep this up (considering a good amount of those would have been non-renewed with intention).

Status
Not open for further replies.