Domain extention

Good question. The domain landscape has changed a lot and today there are hundreds of gTLDs that you can choose from. However, like with anything else, some TLDs are better, some are worse.

My personal favourites are: .COM (still the king), .IO and .CO. I heard that .GG has been doing good lately, as well. And I personally like .WORKS, .NETWORK and a few other new gTLDs.

The worst for me are: .INFO and .XYZ. Due to pricing, these attracted a lot of attention from spammers and the likes, completely killing any legitimacy the TLD has.

I think it depends on the target audience of the site.

If it is a local country specific site then I definitely think the TLD for that country is a solid choice, also with regional sites, a .eu for example lets people know before they even click that the information is relevant to where they are.

Outside of that a .com is always going to be good, and NGOs, etc. should use a .org.

Agree with @Artashes about the .xyz and similar, the amount of people using them for dodgy purposes really starts to devalue them.

If it is a local country specific site then I definitely think the TLD for that country is a solid choice, also with regional sites, a .eu for example lets people know before they even click that the information is relevant to where they are.
Completely agree with the point on locality. If you target a local market, a local domain name should be your #1 priority.

Good question. The domain landscape has changed a lot and today there are hundreds of gTLDs that you can choose from. However, like with anything else, some TLDs are better, some are worse.

My personal favourites are: .COM (still the king), .IO and .CO. I heard that .GG has been doing good lately, as well. And I personally like .WORKS, .NETWORK and a few other new gTLDs.

The worst for me are: .INFO and .XYZ. Due to pricing, these attracted a lot of attention from spammers and the likes, completely killing any legitimacy the TLD has.
Thank you very much

Being in the UK i tend to stick with .co.uk and always get the .com version , but i sometimes use .uk

I am not a big fan of gTLDs

years ago i ised to have a load of .info domains that i used for information pages, but then prices rocketed and like others said they become common with scammers, i stopped using them.

Personally I am a .com and .co.uk man, maybe .net the good old fashioned suits me, all these .pro .site .club etc just don't touch the spot.

IMO whoever owns the .com version of the Domain is always king.

Personally I am a .com and .co.uk man, maybe .net the good old fashioned suits me, all these .pro .site .club etc just don't touch the spot.

IMO whoever owns the .com version of the Domain is always king.
I am the same, i don't go for all these fancy TLDs. .co.uk and .com all the way. I did often using .info several times with info pages.

I think it depends on the target audience of the site.

Outside of that a .com is always going to be good, and NGOs, etc. should use a .org.

Agree with @Artashes about the .xyz and similar, the amount of people using them for dodgy purposes really starts to devalue them.
Yes I agree with you and I would also like to add that I personally use .net for a lot of my personal works and I love using .net.

Last edited:
The best TLD for you depends on your type of company, goods, or services, as well as how you want to stand out from the competition. Some of the most popular names you'll see are generic top-level domains (gTLDs), such as.com or.net.