Do you have an affiliate program?

BlackStorm

D you run an affiliate program for people to refer others to your company?
What way do you work it if you do?
Im interested in running one soon, a few people have already asked if i will do something similar (they dont want a reseller plan)

Do affiliate programs actually work? I know I tried to BE an affiliate before, it is not easy work, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any actual success with these before?

I use one at the moment .......google adsense makes me a good bit of money each month......and i'm also looking at an affiliate banner site ....making banners. :)

why would you use google adsense on your hosting site. Since your site is all about hosting, all the ads from google are going to be hosting advertisements. So you are basicly advertising other host's prices and websites on your page. Not the best idea showing customers their other options and letting them click out of your page... Ill pay you google adsense rates to have my hosting banner on your site...

<!--QuoteBegin-Mark+Oct 14 2003, 02:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Oct 14 2003, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> why would you use google adsense on your hosting site.  Since your site is all about hosting, all the ads from google are going to be hosting advertisements.  So you are basicly advertising other host's prices and websites on your page.  Not the best idea showing customers their other options and letting them click out of your page...  Ill pay you google adsense rates to have my hosting banner on your site... [/b][/quote]

I don't think showing them the what else is out there is such a bad thing .....we have a pretty solid foundation and great support ....the adsense helps pay the costs for our free clients ....and if you want to advertise on our site please let me know ...i'm not worried about losing customers....the only ones i'll lose are probally the ones that i don't want anyway

an affiliate program for people to refer others to your company?

Sorry meant a program which you run yourself and people are your affiliates not one you do on your site for another to make money :)

your kidding right? You know how much traffic you would have to drive to get 600 a month? I remember speaking to someone that was telling me they give you less then pennies for each click... Lets say they give you 5 cents per click...

to make 1 dollar you would have to drive 20 people through the ads... to make 100 dollars you would have to drive 2000 people through the ads. to make 600 dollars you would have to drive 12,000 people through your ads each month

12,000 click throughs.

first of all that means you have to have 12,000 people visiting your site and since normally the click through rate of banner advertisements is like 2% that means you would have to have about 600,000 visitors to your site per month. That rounds off to about 20,000 visitors per day!!!

I'd like to see some traffic reports that confirm this.... :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-Mark+Oct 14 2003, 03:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Oct 14 2003, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> your kidding right? You know how much traffic you would have to drive to get 600 a month? I remember speaking to someone that was telling me they give you less then pennies for each click... Lets say they give you 5 cents per click...

to make 1 dollar you would have to drive 20 people through the ads... to make 100 dollars you would have to drive 2000 people through the ads. to make 600 dollars you would have to drive 12,000 people through your ads each month

12,000 click throughs.

first of all that means you have to have 12,000 people visiting your site and since normally the click through rate of banner advertisements is like 2% that means you would have to have about 600,000 visitors to your site per month. That rounds off to about 20,000 visitors per day!!!

I'd like to see some traffic reports that confirm this.... :lol: [/b][/quote]
You have know idea what your talking about dude...you don't make the same every day but it averages out very nicely

Date Page impressions Clicks Clickthrough rate Your earnings
Saturday, October 11, 2003 194 17 8.8% $13.26
Sunday, October 12, 2003 548 49 8.9% $60.55
Monday, October 13, 2003 423 18 4.3% $16.13
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 64 1 1.6% $2.73

I want to try these adsense things, but I really don't like the idea of a webhost having advertisements on it..