Dedicated server for virtualization

Chatecak

Account Disabled
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a dedicated server in EU/US for virtualization.

Currently looking for a server with this specs

Xeon based CPU: 6 Core at least
Ram: above 32
Port 1GB
3x2 TB
above 20 TB BW/m
+ 16 usbl Ips (no limit on IP max~50)
--------
Without setup fee
my budget is up to 160 $

If you know what you are doing, I would recommend taking a look at OVH or Hetzner.

If you can sort things out, given an IP KVM, then you can't beat these guys prices.

If you are heavy on the support side, then I'd give them a miss.

Hi,

OVH and Hetzner are two such data centers who has different network architecture and behaves differently when it comes to converting a dedicated server into a Virtualized environment. However, with a little bit of configuration difference, that all can be done. You will find lot in this section of configuration that you have given.. You can look for servermania too..

Are you looking for recommendations or offers?

If latter, then I will have to move it this thread to the appropriate forum where our members can make you a direct offer. If you are looking for recommendations only, then you posted in the correct forum and solicitation is NOT ALLOWED from members. If you do receive an offer, whether via PM or email, please report it.

i would point direction toward <snipped>, you will definitely get what you are looking at

I am going to ask once again, as you have ignored my question in the other thread. What is your recommendation based on? Do you have direct experience with the company?

@Chatecak A quality dedicated hosting service, which means a stable hardware specification, hosted on a non oversold network that offers quality bandwidth would cost a bit more. If you increase your monthly budget to $200, then you'd be able to choose between a number of reputable hosting providers. Another option to get lower MRC is to sign an annual contract.

If you know what you are doing, I would recommend taking a look at OVH or Hetzner.

If you can sort things out, given an IP KVM, then you can't beat these guys prices.

If you are heavy on the support side, then I'd give them a miss.

Ok, thanks. I looked at their hosting deals. They look attractive.

How long have they been providing hosting services?

Chatecak

I would direct specific questions about the hosting companies to themselves. They will be able to each give you direct answers

You budget is a little low for the specs you are looking, in my experience. One you could contact and ask for a quote though is Hudson Valley Hosts

There are many hosts and every one of them offers 24/7 support, huge space and bandwidth, lots of features at low cost and much, much more. When you face such offers it seems like a great chance is knocking at your door.

By virtualization, I'm assuming you mean creating VPS' ?
32 gig is going to be too small for this if that's the case.
16 IP's might work, though if you can max that out, it'd be good.
It's a good thing to take a look at the cost of ipv4 with the provider, because, believe me, you'll need a ton IF you sell well.

For me Uptime and Speed, Support and Price are very important factors when choosing a right web host. Would also prefer a cpanel host.

For Europe I can vote for Hetzner, very positive experience with this network / data center. As long as you know what you are doing in terms of your software/operating system, they provide very solid h/w and network.

If you want to go the lowprice route Hetzner might be your best bet. They have pretty decent hardware for a superb price. Please keep in mind that they have some Layer2 security features enabled so that you need to workaround it if you want to create KVM/Xen/OpenVZ vps. All this is well written in their wiki https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Virtualisierung/en

Since some months they also provide DDoS Protection though I haven't seen any reviews yet.

There is no need to choose a host with the "fastest" ticket response time, but choose one who you feel you communicate well with. Make sure the host has the payment option your looking for. I don't even think twice about a host that doesn't accept paypal.