Cool Addons for WHMCS that I use

Arcanum

Hello,

I just wanted to discuss a few addons that are out there that I Have found to be extremely useful. I will list a few of them. They are not free, but they are worth the expense to have them.

My personal top 5 favorite ModulesGarden addons and what they do. (Some descriptions taken off their website.)

1) SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS - This gem allows you to automate the provisioning of virtual servers to your clients and offer SolusVM products inside WHMCS. Xen, KVM and OpenVZ! Adds functionality that it'd take months to code on your own. A+++++++++

2) SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS - This is similar to VPS only allows customers to provision multiple instances in a cloud-like fashion. This is amazing as well, since with the next addon, you can do hourly billing!!! A+++++++++

3) Advanced Billing for WHMCS - Allows you to dynamically bill your clients for actual server resource usage like disk space, bandwidth or CPU usage. A+++++++++

4) cPanel Extended For WHMCS automates accounts provisioning and allows your clients to manage their web hosting accounts in the WHMCS client area! The module eliminates the necessity of logging in to cPanel as it relocates many of its functionalities and advantages directly to your WHMCS. This is an awesome module that is extremely useful. A+++++++++

5) IP Manager For WHMCS allows you to easily add and manage IP subnets as well as automatically assign IP addresses to your servers, products, addons and configurable options. Along with it, you will gain the possibility to freely assign subnets to your clients, who will be afterwards enabled to order additional IP addresses from them in the client area. All these without even leaving your website! A+++++++++

Other addons I highly recommend:

1) Lara Admin theme - This is a replacement admin theme-- why should the customers only get the pretty interface? Maye WHMCS pleasing to your eyes as well!!!

2) Advanced server status - Allows you to add server stats in basically a sever monitoring fashion. Shows which services are online or not. Very useful!

I use all of the above modules (and more) and find that it helps my business tremendously. Some of the modules are harder to configure and setup than others, but ModulesGarden has some pretty extensive setup guides. Plus, they offer some sort of support-- maybe not the best, but they appear to offer it.

I hope this has been helpful. :)

Looks like a good list! Just a note, are you using the Advanced Server Status page for clients primarily? Assuming you're on a VPS or Dedi, you should have separate monitoring which will alert you in other areas, not just a ping response (High CPU, space monitoring etc).

Whilst it is good to monitor the uptime (especially for clients), having a system that monitors at a higher level will enable you to solve an issue before it becomes a problem. Your clients will appreciate it :).

I'll add a couple into this , though (obviously) I may be a bit biased here

Lara - +a frigging million
This developer knows his WHMCS stuff, and keeps surprising me with better updates to his already excellent admin theme. It seems he's always testing stuff here.

WHMCS Notifications Extended (see link in sig)
I put this together out of a personal need. Since I'm on the road a ton, I needed a better way to get notified of tickets myself, and of issues. I then went and added client capability, and spent the better part of last year working on this. I can't say enough about it, but, again, I'm biased.

WHMCS User and IP Extended Control (again, see link in sig)
Again, I put this together out of personal need. Client came to me and said "Hey, Tom, I want to block orders unless they come from a certain country". Ok, done... Expanding on that, I added blocking admins unless they came from a certain country (or not), locking IP's after they hit a login failure limit, adding whitelisted IP's for admin (a-la .htaccess), with a script to automatically re-add them, if they had a valid session, blocking entire countries from simply visiting your page, logging client ip visits (all of them) and more.

Fraudrecord
This is a key addon for WHMCS that any admin should have in there. While it doesn't fully integrate with the fraud checks, it does work well, you just have to manually check this stuff.

Jetserver's CSF manager
This project seems to be somewhat abandoned, I may take that up as a hobby, but we'll see. The idea was to allow clients to search and remove their IP from CSF on your server, if you're using it. Great idea, just not sure it's been really developed over the past few months.

WHMCS Licensing
A no brainer for a WHMCS app developer, really, or, really any developer using php. it's pretty simplistic to get it into your code.

Hello,

I just wanted to discuss a few addons that are out there that I Have found to be extremely useful. I will list a few of them. They are not free, but they are worth the expense to have them.

My personal top 5 favorite ModulesGarden addons and what they do. (Some descriptions taken off their website.)

1) SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS - This gem allows you to automate the provisioning of virtual servers to your clients and offer SolusVM products inside WHMCS. Xen, KVM and OpenVZ! Adds functionality that it'd take months to code on your own. A+++++++++

2) SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS - This is similar to VPS only allows customers to provision multiple instances in a cloud-like fashion. This is amazing as well, since with the next addon, you can do hourly billing!!! A+++++++++

3) Advanced Billing for WHMCS - Allows you to dynamically bill your clients for actual server resource usage like disk space, bandwidth or CPU usage. A+++++++++

4) cPanel Extended For WHMCS automates accounts provisioning and allows your clients to manage their web hosting accounts in the WHMCS client area! The module eliminates the necessity of logging in to cPanel as it relocates many of its functionalities and advantages directly to your WHMCS. This is an awesome module that is extremely useful. A+++++++++

5) IP Manager For WHMCS allows you to easily add and manage IP subnets as well as automatically assign IP addresses to your servers, products, addons and configurable options. Along with it, you will gain the possibility to freely assign subnets to your clients, who will be afterwards enabled to order additional IP addresses from them in the client area. All these without even leaving your website! A+++++++++

Other addons I highly recommend:

1) Lara Admin theme - This is a replacement admin theme-- why should the customers only get the pretty interface? Maye WHMCS pleasing to your eyes as well!!!

2) Advanced server status - Allows you to add server stats in basically a sever monitoring fashion. Shows which services are online or not. Very useful!

I use all of the above modules (and more) and find that it helps my business tremendously. Some of the modules are harder to configure and setup than others, but ModulesGarden has some pretty extensive setup guides. Plus, they offer some sort of support-- maybe not the best, but they appear to offer it.

I hope this has been helpful. :)

Very impressive.

I think one more id very helpful. - DNS Manager

It allows you to give your customers the ability to manage there forward and rDNS right from the client area!

Looks like a good list! Just a note, are you using the Advanced Server Status page for clients primarily? Assuming you're on a VPS or Dedi, you should have separate monitoring which will alert you in other areas, not just a ping response (High CPU, space monitoring etc).

Whilst it is good to monitor the uptime (especially for clients), having a system that monitors at a higher level will enable you to solve an issue before it becomes a problem. Your clients will appreciate it :).

I monitor my servers and blacklists using Hetrixtools for internal servers. I get emailed as soon as it's down.

Very impressive.

I think one more id very helpful. - DNS Manager

It allows you to give your customers the ability to manage there forward and rDNS right from the client area!

That's right, I have DNS Manager too.. and a few other ones I didn't mention. :)

Multibranding and advanced billing.. if I ever decide to start using the cloud modules I got as well, advanced billing would come in handy.

My question is why would you use any of those when WHMCS pretty much has all of this already ? apart from cloud billing and ip manager that is...

WHMCS pretty much has all of this already
Modulesgarden has taken and expanded on features provided in WHMCS. In some cases, WHMCS has taken some of this stuff from Modulesgarden, or other addon devs. Not that they 'stole' anything, but that they took the idea from these devs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys