Congrats on the new forum software

PeterShene

I may be a little late on this one, new software is almost always nice to have but the bigger thing here for me is that this community doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon and that makes me really happy to invest time chatting to people on here. Also a thank you is in order for giving us this platform and keeping it up to date. Congrats to all that are involved and great job, I'm sure there will be bugs there always are but it's already been better than most transitions I've seen.

Thanks for your feedback and for words of encouragement, @PeterShene. And it's great to see you back, it's been a while!

While I agree that forums in general have gone through a transition, and web hosting forums specifically (for a number of reasons I am not going to get into), I believe the industry will always require a platform to connect and HD is in even better position to provide that voice today than it was 10 years ago. I used to track over 35 English-based web hosting forums. Guess how many survived and can be considered in good enough health for companies/individuals to participate in and not waste their time? I can only think of 3 (more like two and a half), this community included.

HostingDiscussion has been around since 2002 and has been exceptionally proactive and successful against spam and shill attempts that killed more forums that I can count. It takes a lot more time, but it's worth it in the end. Just this very old case is a testament to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jean_garcia2